I did it.......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedPorscheKilla

Reaction score
So it's done, I dropped my FeeJay off at KFG Racing for sum suspension work... I'll get me the GP fork and the Penske Shock...can't wait to have her back.
yahoo.gif

But it was a last to ride her up to Auburn, was the best happy pill one can offer me!

Thanks y'all for the great insights! Will tell ya how that turned out.

V
RPK

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Auburn on the morning of the 16th so I wondered over to KFG. Thought I might see you there RPK.

Barry Wressell gave me the tour of the new space. They are still working on the shop and shock rebuild room. Little things still need to done like hanging and hooking up the heater for the shop area. Burr.. but I think that was supose to happen Friday afternoon.

Noticed they did some warranty work on a GP serviced Gold Wing.

Also Barry and Dave Hodges [GP Suspension former owner] have been friends for years and have worked on many projects together. The lines of communication are still open between the two men.

Barry and I talked about a group buy later in the year. Sounds like that will happen.

db

Although the price of admission is high, you'll be happy with the end result RPK.

Do let us know how everything turns out.

--G

The best upgrade that I have done to the bike.

I had my done by KFG and they have been there for me the whole time.

Anything I needed after the install, they did their best to accommodate me.

The only problem and compliant I have now is, the bike constantly wants to be pushed harder and faster!

I guess I can live with that :)

You will be very happy with the upgrade!

I was in Auburn on the morning of the 16th so I wondered over to KFG. Thought I might see you there RPK.

Barry Wressell gave me the tour of the new space. They are still working on the shop and shock rebuild room. Little things still need to done like hanging and hooking up the heater for the shop area. Burr.. but I think that was supose to happen Friday afternoon.

Noticed they did some warranty work on a GP serviced Gold Wing.

Also Barry and Dave Hodges [GP Suspension former owner] have been friends for years and have worked on many projects together. The lines of communication are still open between the two men.

Barry and I talked about a group buy later in the year. Sounds like that will happen.

db
Sorry Niehart that I missed you, work screwed me over yesterday big time, so I wasn't able to get out at all. I saw the facilities and I'm impressed with what I'm seeing....can't hardly wait though.

V

RPK

You are going to love the new suspension RPK! I got my bike back a few weeks ago after installing the Ohlins shock that I won at EOM and I decided to go ahead an get the fronts redone with heavier racing springs, NIGHT & DAY!! I thought that my suspension was OK. I WAS WRONG!! :yahoo:

What's a rear Penske or Ohlins rear shock setup cost?

On my 05, I was way too loose, but haven't had a chance to put me 13 into the curves/dips yet for comparison...

What's a rear Penske or Ohlins rear shock setup cost?

On my 05, I was way too loose, but haven't had a chance to put me 13 into the curves/dips yet for comparison...
The Penske shock will cost 895 greenbacks, plus 100 for the bracket to house the outside component and 200 for the doin', the entire project will cost me 2100 bucks out the door. It includes the GP suspension front cartridge and all the bushings and bearings according to the WA tech day advice...

@Odot,

I don't have a hernia..... :rolleyes: but I have very short hair, I leave it up to Bustanut to determin if I qualify to be a Pygmy chicken :lol:

Well, well, well...... I recall another forum fella not really happy with KFG and their service.... So far I'm incliend to join that fella. BIke is since 2 1/2 weeks at the shop, so I call just now to learn. Bike ain't ready, we are waiting on the Shock (Penkse)..... So I engage in a conversation to learn, well it always takes 3 weeks for Penske to deliver the Shocks... So I reply... Hmm why is it, when I asked you, when do I get my bike back and YOU told me one week, now all of the sudden it is 3 weeks. We are off season, you ain't racing... so try to help me comprehend this matter!!! Especially since I've order a $ 2,600 project.......

So far my motivation did hit rock bottom.... NOT CEWL AT ALL, NOT CEWL!!!! Frankly spoken, I feel joked..... for that I don't need to drop this amount of money.. I can joke myself for free
nono.gif

Sorry to hear that. Hope it works out in the end for you.

Aren't these the same guys that bought GPS Suspensions and are doing a Group Buy?

(Or am I cornfused on that one?)