I need boots.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxracer911rc

Reaction score
Im looking for a decent set of boots without spending an arm and a leg. I need some type of a waterproof touring boot, but im not really sure of what to get. Im looking at set of axo q2 boots on competition accessories for $111 shipped. I dont really have the coin to spend much more then that. Does anyone know anything about these boots or can suggest a decent set? Thanks!

318mLy-OX9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I bought these Alpinestars Ridge waterproof boot. Rode through rain and 17 degree cold.

With proper socks, they were very solid and comfortable.

They are very comfortable to wear. I ride daily and I have not seen any concerning wear on the boots.

I can ride with them and then walk in them for extended periods and they are still comfortable.

My feet can really put a hurting on some shoes at 6'2" and 245lbs. These are very durable and comfortable

and I have yet to have wet feet from rain.

Hope this helps. Well and the price has not changed in 18months either.

+1

I've had Ridge boots for a few years, I like them a lot - definitely waterproof. Find them usually on sale somewhere for around $55-65. The only issue is they are a little shorter than most touring / rain boots, so be sure your rain pants are long enough to cover the tops. Otherwise I recommend them.

I'll add another +1 to the recommendations for the Ridge boots, they're what I wear too. Very comfortable on and off the bike, and very reasonably priced. In the price range you're looking, I don't think you can go wrong with them.

That's a tough price point. New Enough has Tourmaster Solution 2.0 boots for $107.99 w/free shipping right now. Waterproof, street oriented boot. Looks pretty decent and they have a good rep. I bought a pair of tourmaster boots for my ex GF when we were dating and she liked them. Kept her warm/dry and fit well.

I have Tourmasters waterproof touring boots, they were $100 and VERY well worth it. I have been very happy with these. I dont have much else to compare with. I would love a pair of Sidi boots, but for a hundred bucks, the Tourmasters are GREAT.

My 2 cents.

I like my Cruiserworks side zip boots. These are American sized and very waterproof. They shine up nicely and I've worn with with a business suit.

They are too warm to wear in July and August here in Texas, but then again everything else is also.

+1 on the tourmaster solution. They are truly waterproof, windproof, and are tall enough for pants that ride up the leg a bit. I ended up putting a soft orthotic in in for walking comfort, but they can't be beat price wise for waterproof coverage. They've worked great in very cold weather, raining, at 90+ MPH for hours, with a wool sock.

The Tourmasters are great, but nobody has them. The Solution is discontinued, and the Solution 2.0 isn't available yet.

I have a pair of Solutions that have been in daily use sincce October 2007, and a seam in the liner has torn and i can't get my foot in the boot now, catches on the liner. If I do get my foot in, it cathces on the way out, and I can't remove the boot easily.

Love the boots, went to get another set, can't find'em, and the Solution2.0 shows "Unavailable" everywhere.

I ordered a pair of Teknic Defenders. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did any of you find the Ridge boots to be a little too warm during the summer?

My local shop got some of the TM Response in. I'm stopping by tomorrow to have a look.

I'd pick them up it just that there's no reviews out there yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got some Sidis that I caught on sale about 6 or 7 years ago. Good boots, but for some reason they are no longer waterproof. I used some boot oil on them and it helped a little, but they still leak around the toes. Don't know if I'd pay the extra $$ that these cost again. Plenty of other good boots out there for cheaper.

GP

Ridge Boots in the winter months and Icon Vented Boots in the warmer months. Both work very well. I've had my Ridge Boots for several years but never saw them listed for less than $100.00 or more. :)

One thing is that all these boots seem to have ZERO ankle protection that can prevent the ankles from bending/breaking .They also don't seem to have anything in the boots that prevents a foot from hyperextending.

One thing is that all these boots seem to have ZERO ankle protection that can prevent the ankles from bending/breaking .They also don't seem to have anything in the boots that prevents a foot from hyperextending.
Check out the Dainese Torque Out boots. Lots of protection without Ricky Racer looks. Okay for walking, but not great. Not waterproof. Cycle Gear has them on sale right now for $249.

I'm currently searching for the waterproof equivalent for cold/wet weather riding. I've seen some nasty ankle and foot injuries so I'm all for more protection as long as you can still walk in them and there's no need to relocate the shifter. Open to suggestions.

The TCX X Five boots, (formerly Oxtar Matrix), fill the bill for protection and waterproofness. My first pair went 140k before they leaked. The second pair is doing great, every bit equal in quality and protection to the originals. Not in the price range of the OP, but low bling, hard ankle protection, shin protection, etc. and comfortable for walking. Did a couple of dirt/rock path 1 mile hikes during the 1088 rally this year w/o a thought to the boots. I've spent all day in them walking around at events many times w/o discomfort too.

There is a slightly beefier version called the GTX too. Links below.

X Five GTX

X Five