In need for leg room

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imp

Reaction score
My right knee is killing me :angry2: . I have a ACL injury from the past and have a hard time keeping my leg in a bent position for over one hour. What I have been doing is letting the leg dangle down which :scare2: Joyride since she thinks my leg is going to get cought on the pavement.

I did a search like a good little noob but came up with nothing for lowering pegs. I need some thoughts on this :help: . I there any body that has similar issues and what was done about it.

It's my right hip that bothers me somewhere above the 300 mile mark. So far my only relief is to stand up like the dirt bike guys do. I have done this for many miles and it helps. Of course you want to make sure there is not much traffic when you do because you can't see behind you when standing. I think it's possible to have Corbin raise your seat with more foam.

SteveF

PS I looked at the peg lowering brackets - I just don't like the looks of the one on the brake side! It is really out there.

No one has mentioned wild bills highway pegs with the 4" bars. They have saved my knees from bothering me on an ironbutt ride. Would not have made it without them.

I added the Wild Bill brackets before my trip up to Barber Motorsports a couple of weeks ago. A GREAT relief to move your feet forward for a while!

I got Russell to add about 1.5 to 2 inches of height to my saddle when they built it for me. Works great without affecting cornering clearance.

Highway pegs using Wild Bill's mounts were definitely the thing for me. I really need to move my legs around on long trips.

I also used the Kuryakin pegs and extensions -- check post #4 from V GER in this thread for a pic of that setup. I have my rotated forward, parallel to the ground, just to get a bit more distance. That setup is a little pricer than the pegs Bill will send you, but it looks really nice and having them a bit farther forward and out is a great fit for me (34" inseam).

Don't point them down. You'll scrape them way too easily.

Which -- if I can hijack the thread for a moment -- gets to why I never added the peg lowering kit. I'm really not an aggressive rider at all, but I still touch my pegs or boot down now and then without really trying to do it. You guys who have the lowering kits -- have you noticed much of a difference in lean angle?

I don't think I am all that agressive of a rider but have scraped my boot soles and my pegs the first 600 miles on the Feejer. Wow what a bike :rolleyes: . You know I have not thought about getting a taller seat , that is a great idea. I am flat footing it with the seat in the raised position so a little higher would not hurt and I already want the risers. The pegs sound great too. Man all these farkles are killing me. I gues I can sell the truck since I havent started it up since I got the Feejer, that reminds me should I put gas stabiliser in the truck since it is just sitting there :confusedsmiley: .

Wild Bill's does the job for me. You can adjust your legs in a different position and if you have a heat issue bike (2005 or older) if can blow some wind up your torched private parts also!