It finally arrived!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buf2phx

Reaction score
I got my new FJR this morning!!! :yahoo: I was not prepared for how smooth this bike is. :D I've only riden to work so far, but I loved it. She just purrs like a kitten, then next thing you know, you're doing 80. Slow as hell at work, so I had a chance to install my OES sliders, and my exhaust guards. Gonna put my tank protector & reflective bag decals on when I get home. I just wish it was a little cooler here so I could enjoy putting some more miles on. I'll post some pics later.

Mike

Buf,

Congratulations! on your new FJR and it sounds like you are right on Que with the essential farkles.

You may want to get a RD since the AZ Police are heavy into revenuing.

Many Happy Miles & Smiles to ya!

I got my new FJR this morning!!! :yahoo: I was not prepared for how smooth this bike is. :D I've only riden to work so far, but I loved it. She just purrs like a kitten, then next thing you know, you're doing 80. Slow as hell at work, so I had a chance to install my OES sliders, and my exhaust guards. Gonna put my tank protector & reflective bag decals on when I get home. I just wish it was a little cooler here so I could enjoy putting some more miles on. I'll post some pics later.
Mike

I hear ya Mike, rode mine home yesterday.

Sweet.

I had to post the picture, cause some might not know what a 2009 FJR looks like. :rolleyes:

FJR1300.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, I am now 2 weeks into my FJR and still have a huge smile when i ride :)

Ps, to deal with the heat out there, 2 things, Mesh Jacket and and evaporative cooling vest are your best friends :)

You have been assimilated! That didn't take long, did it?

Mark your calendar for the end of September, and head out to Page where the SouthWest FJR Owners are having a get-together. Good people, good rides and looks like it's going to be a nice place too. (Check under the regional section for details).

Mike

Alright dude, its time to go riding.....at night when it's cooler!

Burk

Trick to riding in Arizona is leaving at 4AM and being home by 10AM durning the summer. Heading to Payson first thing in the morning for breakfast wiht the wife :) . Just have to watch out for the crazys on 87.

K7TRM

Tom

I am really glad you like your bike! I love mine too. It was super hard to follow the break-in schedule, but the first 1000 miles come up quickly :) I hit my 600 mile service in a week, the "worst" one was going from 600 - 1000. :)

Enjoy, and shiny side up!

Congrats!

But so sad to hear you live near SkooterG.

Then again, BeemerDons is nearby, and he's totally kool... :rolleyes:

Mike,

Enjoy the new bike; I have an 07 and I have pure pleasure everytime I ride her! :) If your wife is like mine she'll start saying you love your bike more than her! :unsure: :rolleyes:

Like posted before, ride early or late, and put on the mesh and cooling vest. Look out for the cameras they are everywhere AZ has to get revenue somewhere.

If you like it now wait 'til ya had it a year! Just spent my 1st anniversary in the Texas hill country. Can't put into words how great it was on a Feejer. This bike is the one bike to own..