It's time for the NW Winter get together again!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Carl for making this happen and for your work.

I'm leaving Thursday or Friday and will be staying the night down there at a friend's house.

I'm flexible on leaving Thursday or Friday if someone wants to ride down together (PM)

I plan on going home right after the event, around 4 or 5.

Looking forward to a fun get together and meeting new riders
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl and Ralfs directions are good.

This is the way I will be going, it's what I am used to having grown up in the area:

By way of Mcloughlin Blvd around Eastmoreland Golf Course on the left, then up Holgate, past my old girl friends house on the right and past Reed College on the left.
smile.png

NOTE: Google maps says to turn right on 23rd. DON'T do that, (you can't because it is barricaded) continue on Mcloughlin to the Bybee exit. You can take the one before the viaduct or the one immediately after the viaduct. Go East over the overpass and follow the road around the golf course to the stop sign at Holgate. Turn right on Holgate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have fun everyone, I'll be stay home to take care of the Mrs. Cast comes off in 6 day then she will be going to PT for a while but it won't be as time consuming for me once the cast comes off

In post #79 he says around noon so that's what I shooting for. The passes are supposed to be shitty so I'll alow some extra 4X4 time.
smile.png

Carl, can you confirm the time? Noon or 1 PM?
Ray is right. This place is super flexible unlike Busters where there was a little bit of time crunch. They are not holding us to any check in and check out times. I will be there at noon and figure people will just trickle in.

Everyone ride/drive safe and don't worry about pushing it because of time.

Carl

Hope you folks have room for 1 more?

I've been lurking on this post since it began and was worried about my shoulder, work committments, etc. But I've finally decided to just get up there!

I won't be able to stay for the movie :( , but it would be nice to meet a few other inmates of the FJR variety.

Thanks for putting this on!

See you tomorrow!!

-Brian

I don't know about the movie either. Would like to get back over the pass in day light.

The weather was great today, 58 degrees until 5pm. It is getting cold. I will be driving to the RTE. Here is the hourly after 11am. Too cold for me with the rain. See you all there, drive is like.

11 am
11.png
37°

Few Showers
  • FEELS LIKE:
  • 28°
  • HUMIDITY:
  • 48%
  • PRECIP:
  • 40%
  • WIND:
  • E at 14 mph

12 pm
11.png
36°

Showers
  • FEELS LIKE:
  • 27°
  • HUMIDITY:
  • 52%
  • PRECIP:
  • 50%
  • WIND:
  • E at 15 mph

1 pm
11.png
35°

Showers
  • FEELS LIKE:
  • 25°
  • HUMIDITY:
  • 57%
  • PRECIP:
  • 60%
  • WIND:
  • E at 16 mph

2 pm
11.png
35°

Showers
  • FEELS LIKE:
  • 25°
  • HUMIDITY:
  • 57%
  • PRECIP:
  • 60%
  • WIND:
  • E at 16 mph

3 pm
11.png
36°

Showers
  • FEELS LIKE:
  • 27°
  • HUMIDITY:
  • 54%
  • PRECIP:
  • 50%
  • WIND:
  • E at 15 mph

For all of you wanting to see the new FZ-09 (the niner), it will not be there. Here is a little report on it so far. I took it in for the 600 mile today. As usual with Yamaha's not much needed adjusted (TBS). It is fun, I like it, It is quick, it is fun, It is steady at 25 without holding on the handlebars and at just about any other speed you want to go. Since I do not do wheelies (intentional that is) I told the mechanic (x racer) it was okay to do a wheelie on the test ride. The tire was cold so it just spun and he didn't get the front tire up. I'm having fun. Here is picture as is set up for overnight trips. I figure I can do 3-4 days like this and maybe 300 miles with the current seat.

P1070067_800.jpg

Going to bail out of this one. Weather is just too iffy up here with afternoon snow predicted above 500' in the foothills...meaning at mi casa.

Y'all have fun, catch-ya this summer!

--G

Going to bail out of this one. Weather is just too iffy up here with afternoon snow predicted above 500' in the foothills...meaning at mi casa.
Y'all have fun, catch-ya this summer!

--G
Chicken:) :) :) Just get in the company cage and come on down. Grab gramps out of the home while you're at it.

We'll be leaving around 10. Waiting for Marcus to get here. Should put us there about 12:30-1ish.

See you then.

For all of you wanting to see the new FZ-09 (the niner), it will not be there. Here is a little report on it so far. I took it in for the 600 mile today. As usual with Yamaha's not much needed adjusted (TBS). It is fun, I like it, It is quick, it is fun, It is steady at 25 without holding on the handlebars and at just about any other speed you want to go. Since I do not do wheelies (intentional that is) I told the mechanic (x racer) it was okay to do a wheelie on the test ride. The tire was cold so it just spun and he didn't get the front tire up. I'm having fun. Here is picture as is set up for overnight trips. I figure I can do 3-4 days like this and maybe 300 miles with the current seat.
P1070067_800.jpg
Wow Ken, it is a thing of beauty. There is one in my future as well!