It's time for the NW Winter get together again!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey keep my Pole out of this.
rolleyes.gif
Anytime works for me cause I'm worthless and unemployable and old.
You forgot decrepit, grouchy, smelly, senile.........................................

If VA in Portland is like the VA in Seattle you won't be driving/riding anywhere after the procedure. They insist you have a driver and that person must check in with you and you will not be allowed to leave afterwards if your driver is not there to walk out to the car with you. I know that I was in no condition to drive after the last two procedures and I usually recover pretty quickly.

Ray's beautiful wife will probably be driving him. If not, I am happy to go pick him up. He's probably on the road right now, I'll call his cell. Thank you for the heads up.

Talked to Ray and he is on the road. He got a motel and his wonderful wife is with him.
Holed up in a flea bag motel paid for by the VA. Wife and kids went to dinner and I get the prep for a colonoscopy. It ain't fair.

Lets get back to planning fun meet up at Fenders.

You want a pic of Ray's ass? Go into your bathroom with your cell phone that has a camera, look into the mirror (that would scare the shit outta me!) and take a "selfie" pic.

Enough on the voting. Looks like the Cafe is the place. Need to meet early so we have enough time to watch the movie and still get home. Carl, please make it official. This discussion may be turning some folks off especially if they are just getting to it a few days before the gather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys. I spoke with the owner of Fenders Cafe about the date and he said that it was perfect. I made a plan with him for 5pm. I can bump it earlier if need be.

Carl

Sounds good. Hope the weather lets me get across the pass safely. See Ya there.
smile.png

OK, Fenders sounds like fun… I'm in. The weather shouldn't be an issue for me, I just have to cross the river.

I'm gonna try to get there, too, assuming the mt. passes are clear. I need to get some miles on her...

I did two short runs this month (Jan) - one down to Redding, Calif (just under 200 miles each way) to get my new Laam seat, then another quick run over to Myrtle Creek (~255 each way) for a disc golf tourney last weekend, (the 25th Annual "Ice Bowl").

Let me just say I'm very happy that I invested in good riding gear. It was...brisk.

I've done the passes twice in the last week in the cage and I don't think it would be a good idea on a bike. Lots of cinders and ice in the shadows. In the last couple days the snow has picked up so there is more ice. On a bike if it were me I would take 31 to 97 and 97 up to the Columbia river then I84 to Portland. It adds about 65 miles to the trip but avoids the passes. Keep in mind that I 84 can get iced up pretty easy also. Hope to see you there.

What day are we meeting again, time and place would be great too, thank you for organizing this event too :)