John Ryan Attempts "Ultimate Coast to Coast"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definite congratulations to John. While it is a sick special individual that engages in such folly, he has proven once and for all...

[SIZE=18pt]The Bass Boat Blue FJRs are the fastest damn sport touring bikes on the planet!!! [/SIZE] :yahoo: :yahoo:

They might be the fastest ( I imagine some Beemer riders will try to dispute that when they get their FD's repaired) but I caught John in 2 miles at 03:32 AM today when he passed me at "rally speed" and I am riding an 86 Concours. ;) It was fun giving him a big thumbs up and a go get em wave.

Definite congratulations to John. While it is a sick special individual that engages in such folly, he has proven once and for all...

[SIZE=18pt]The Bass Boat Blue FJRs are the fastest damn sport touring bikes on the planet!!! [/SIZE] :yahoo: :yahoo:

They might be the fastest ( I imagine some Beemer riders will try to dispute that when they get their FD's repaired) but I caught John in 2 miles at 03:32 AM today when he passed me at "rally speed" and I am riding an 86 Concours. ;) It was fun giving him a big thumbs up and a go get em wave.

If there's a motorcycle god his name is John Ryan... :yahoo: John, your the man...

Awesome ride CONGRATULATIONS!!! :yahoo: :clapping:

Smitty

Wonderful, wonderful accomplishment!

That is one ride report I CAN"T WAIT to read.
Yes, but it's gonna be a short one. I mean he wasn't on the road for a very long time was he?

And this must be said given all the misinformed opinions flying around here - imagine what he could have done on a Cerulean Silver 2004, the best of them all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was late to the party. It felt like I was watching the Super Bowl on tape the day after, knowing that the winner was already decided, but having to watch the whole thing to find out.

[SIZE=24pt]Congrats John![/SIZE] :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

I'm impressed that anyone can accomplish such a feat. The fact that a FJR can accomplish the task was a given.

An amazing accomplishment!

It warms my heart to know it was done on an '05... think I'll go hoist one in John's honor!

Awwwright!!! :clapping: Congrats to John on a Sweet Success!

Got here late. Damn Verizon Crap took a dump earlier :angry: Could join the celebration till now :rolleyes:

I suppose all the beers gone...

:jester:

Why did he do the Dalton overnight during the dark? Not being familiar with the road or that country, I think I would want the visibility of daylight, and would think the critter problem would be worse at night.
Um, because these long-distance folks are nuts? :blink:

Nevertheless, congratulations to John!

CONGRATS JOHN!!! Awesome!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Definite congratulations to John. While it is a sick special individual that engages in such folly, he has proven once and for all...[SIZE=18pt]The Bass Boat Blue FJRs are the fastest damn sport touring bikes on the planet!!! [/SIZE] :yahoo: :yahoo:

Bout time... It is now proven, and once certified, it will go into the annals of history. 2005 Blue is best. As if there were any doubt.... :D

No more posts about best FJR, it is finished. Admin's please add this FACT to the Bin-O-facts. ;)

Why did he do the Dalton overnight during the dark? Not being familiar with the road or that country, I think I would want the visibility of daylight, and would think the critter problem would be worse at night.
Um, because these long-distance folks are nuts? :blink:

Nevertheless, congratulations to John!
It is 24 hours of daylight at latitude N70 04.952 this close to June 21.

Jim Puckett

www.notsupermanrally.com (note: Garmin "gdb" file documenting John's ride at link to left)

Cape Girardeau, MO