Just bought my PCIII... finally!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agrats84

Reaction score
I ordered it from fuelmotousa.com- awesome customer service! Here is my dilemma: They are loading it with their map for my stock '06. But I was wondering if I should use that map, Wally's smoothness map, or the one rok312 combined with uselesspickles'. (https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=116151&hl=PCIII)

I have a mac and it will not be that easy for me to change the maps so I was wondering which I should start with. I bought the PCIII for the smoothness, but don't want to lose too much low or high end power.

Please advise!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered it from fuelmotouse.com- awesome customer service! Here is my dilemma: They are loading it with their map for my stock '06. But I was wondering if I should use that map, Wally's smoothness map, or the one rok312 combined with uselesspickles' (clicky)
I have a mac and it will not be that easy for me to change the maps so I was wondering which I should start with. I bought the PCIII for the smoothness, but don't want to lose too much low or high end power.

Please advise!
If your bike is stock run it with the map that comes with it first and see what you think, it is not a bad map.

I ordered it from fuelmotousa.com- awesome customer service! Here is my dilemma: They are loading it with their map for my stock '06. But I was wondering if I should use that map, Wally's smoothness map, or the one rok312 combined with uselesspickles'. (https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=116151&hl=PCIII)

Please advise!
I would recommend (have tried many maps before) using the Calculated smoothness map for Gen II FJR made up by UselessPickles, thanks again UP for the best map I've ever run on my GenII FJR. Once you install a highflow air filter (strongly recommended and not expensive) you can upload the Calculated smoothness map for Gen II FJR with K&N Air Filter map, if you want to get fiddly about it, however if you're planning on installing something like a UNI filter the Calculated smoothness map for Gen II FJR with K&N Air Filter will work just fine from the start too.

At least that's been my experience.

Last edited by a moderator: