Kickstand/centerstand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Reaction score
I find the kickstand difficult to put down when I am sitting on the bike. I have large feet and the centerstand / kickstand /left peg are all so close I end up hitting them all.

Are you saying you can ski downhill on your sandals ?

I don't find a problem with size 10.

I wear size 11 and I bump into the foot peg and center stand when reaching to put down the side stand while on the seat. I figure that I'll eventually get used to it and put my foot in the right place after I do it enough times. Not really a problem.

Life isn't easy if you are green
What do you mean when you say you are 'green'?.., is it that you're a rookie, a treehugger or that your skin is actually green? Because living in the Pacific Northwest is the only way that I know of that will turn your skin green.

Well, I don't see any sense in arguing with you, even though I wear a 12-13, and have no problem. What may make the biggest difference is length of ownership/riding experience. If you've had the Feej but a short while, the trick will come to you in time. If not, perhaps a different ride is in order, as the stand is difficult to move, mounted as it is. Or, remove the centerstand altogether, though you would be losing a very useful tool in the proccess.

I don't see what the size of your feet have to do with it since it is a heel only action:

Put your left heel -- it is much harder with the right heel -- under the footpeg. Squeeze it in so in one action you lift the footpeg and have your heel properly positioned on the side-stand. Push your heel down and forward at the same time and, voila, you have it extended. Just to be on the safe side, give a hard kick to the back of the side-stand to make sure it is fully deployed.

Piggy

Life isn't easy if you are green
What do you mean when you say you are 'green'?.., is it that you're a rookie, a treehugger or that your skin is actually green? Because living in the Pacific Northwest is the only way that I know of that will turn your skin green.
Its from Kermitt the Frog.

I have had that problem before, I just welded a 6" piece of 5/8" rebar onto the kickstand and stuck a 4x4" piece of 2x4 on it. I'm thinking about selling them....want one? :bleh:

Vulcan, you'll find that a dry sense of humor gets wasted on these guys. They like their humor wet and sloppy.

And that could be considered an oscure refference, but it's not Friday. Obscure Refference Friday is on Friday of course so maybe they would have gotten it then.

Last edited by a moderator:
For all those that don't get the dry humor.....it just makes it all the funnier for those of us that get it! ;)

I have that problem only with my Sidi Vertigos. the heel guard is so wide that it hangs up. Might also have something to do with the fact I wear a Euro 50/US 15-16 boot! (sidi is wrong on their sizes, 50 Euro isnt 14.5 US ) ;)

I find it much easier to get the kickstand down if I point my toe 90 degrees counterclockwise before putting my heel on the kickstand. :bleh:

I wonder if that HD kickstand tang extender thingy could be modded to fit the Feej?

50233_00_L_1719f.jpg

Since reading this thread I started using my heel to put down the sidestand. I had been trying to do it with the front of my boot. Heel works better. Guess I didn't see that simple solution because I was just feeling for it rather than watching what I was doing.