• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Knifemaker Passenger Floorboardst

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are going to drive me into farkle bankruptcy Dave.
I think you have a bet with Patriot to see who can install the most farkles. I will be making some more soon. I will post up when done.
I have a question...will a average female passenger's foot and an average sized airhorn both it on the size floorboards you are manufacturing ???

I'm thinking one horn to the front, so additional horns pointing out to the sides

You are going to drive me into farkle bankruptcy Dave.
I think you have a bet with Patriot to see who can install the most farkles. I will be making some more soon. I will post up when done.
I have a question...will a average female passenger's foot and an average sized airhorn both it on the size floorboards you are manufacturing ???

I'm thinking one horn to the front, so additional horns pointing out to the sides
That's a thought,

You might be able to get a pair of horns underneeth.

Dave

Mine came in the mail today. I didn't bother opening the box because I have bought everything the man makes and it is all the highest quality. Besides GalaxyBlue is riding my bike and I don't think he needs them...

Unless he rides bitch... :lol:

I'm having difficulty popping the bike up on the center stand since I've installed the passenger floorboards. I have to push the center stand down with my arch instead of the ball of the foot since the floorboards stick out (even when folded) are in the way. It's more comfortable and easier with the ball of the foot. Is there a different technique I should be using?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having difficulty popping the bike up on the center stand since I've installed the passenger floorboards.
Is there a different technique I should be using?
I grab left grip with left hand, left sub-frame behind pillion seat with right hand; since I wear size 14's, I sorta wiggle my toe in under the floorboard and over the tip of the center stand arm and as I push down a little I slide my foot over and in a little more till the ball of my foot is in place, then push down. EZPZ...

I grab left grip with left hand, left sub-frame behind pillion seat with right hand; since I wear size 14's, I sorta wiggle my toe in under the floorboard and over the tip of the center stand arm and as I push down a little I slide my foot over and in a little more till the ball of my foot is in place, then push down. EZPZ...
I guess my my freakishly small size 11's are too tiny to pull this off :lol:

For those that are interested in the Knifemaker floorboards I have several sets available at this time. See Clcky or post #116 for details.

Clicky

Dave

Good news bad news on the Floorboards...

Good news is the bride loves them.....

Bad News.... Shes going to want to ride more with me....

I have started to make some floorboards and have sold out of current stock. For those interested it may be a week or so.

Thanks,

Dave

Got mine a couple of weeks ago. As expected, excellent work, highest quality!.. Interesting getting the old pegs off though, until I figured out they were bolted in with Locktite Blue. Add a little heat and off they come.

Edit: Yes, the wife loves them, apparently makes a big difference in ride comfort. No issuse here with the centerstand (just wear your ballet slippers :p )

After my first ride with wifey this year she has mentioned that her left knee is aching from an old injury. I am thinking of getting the floorboards and the peg extenders to alleviate her knee issues on the longer trips we are planning this year.

Does anyone have a report on how well the peg extenders work with the floorboards?

Is WildHair the only maker of peg extenders...or is there another mfr that people prefer? I need to sort this out so I can order both products...

After my first ride with wifey this year she has mentioned that her left knee is aching from an old injury. I am thinking of getting the floorboards and the peg extenders to alleviate her knee issues on the longer trips we are planning this year.

Does anyone have a report on how well the peg extenders work with the floorboards?

Is WildHair the only maker of peg extenders...or is there another mfr that people prefer? I need to sort this out so I can order both products...
They work well together, I used to have mine set up that way. But when we had the custom seat done, Rich raised the back seat up an inch or so. So don't have them on now. And I think your right about wildhair, back in 06 I bought mine from Bike Johnnys, but they are kaput. Good luck. Also consider the muffler shields if you do the extenders.

And wifey loves the floorboards more than anything I've done to the bike, except the Givi.

Thanks Junior for responding, I appreciate that.

Time to get the account in order...Dave, it looks like I will be contacting you in a few days regarding the floorboards.

Mark, Pam just loves the floorboards I put on my bike. Allows her to move her feet around without the feel that her feet are going to catch on someting spinning. She still does hang her feet out past the boards sometimes to help her knees/legs.

My suggestion is buy the floorboards and see how she likes them , then go from there.