Land of Enchantment 1000 Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgoat

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Jeff Foster (Founder and Co-Rally master of the LOE 1000), and the 8th annual LOE (Land of Enchantment) 1000 LD rally will again be held the first week of October 2007. This is a challenging, well run Iron Butt Association sanctioned rally in the "third world" state of New Mexico. No less than IBA's Ira Agins and Jeff Foster are at the helm again for this years event. Many notable LD legends have ridden this event and are again throwing their hat in the ring for this one. If you've ever thought you might like to ride an IBA sanctioned event and earn an IBA plate, this is one you won't want to miss!

More info at: https://www.loe1000.org

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo tempting..............

LOE1000 was the first rally I ever rode back in October 2004. What a blast. This is a great rally. Ran it in 2005 also, and would have run it last year had my FJR not decided to try and be a playa ballerina, leaving me with a broken collarbone/ribs two weeks before the rally.

Cheap, at $85 for the entry fee, and Ira and Jeff ALWAYS put on a great rally. Just don't know if I am going to be able to get a kitchen pass shortly after taking about 3 weeks for the IBR.

I SOOO want to run this rally again. Hmmmmmm.............must figure out a way to be devious. :devilsmiley:

Skoot,

Hope you can find a way to make this one. Just wouldn't be the same without ya'. I'm thinkin' it's easier to ride this event than be the chief tech inspector as in years past, so I may ride it as well. Hope you can make it to N.M. this year, and know that we'll be thinkin' good thoughts for you in this years IBR.

I'm signed up Fa Sho.

The LOE is a great rally in a grand state that doesn't always get the props it deserves.

C'mon Skoot, this is your year to RIDE!

Kitchen Pass MY ASS.

GZ

I would be all in on this one but will be working a bike race in Angel Fire that weekend. Stop by the DH finish and say hi for bonus points! Maybe I'll see some of you on the way in or out, after all it is in the Enchanted Circle.

Well, the LOE 1000 is underway as approximately 40 riders set out at dawn to solve Rallymaster Ira Agin's assortment of bonus location. This year's format is all about "combinations" of of bonus sites, and even combinations of combinations! Everyone seemed eager to get going and many, who are chasing bonus locations to the north, will see nearly 700 hot air ballons aloft as they pass thru Albuquerque. The FJR community was well represented this year. While I didn't get to talk to all of them, I did meet FJRobert who is participating in his first LD event. One of this years favorites to bag a win is our own SkooterG! I was able to talk with Greg for a bit before the start, and he and his 120,000 mi.+ FJR were ready to do what they do best. Good luck guys! :yahoo:
SkooterG just before the start

LOE1000-07014.jpg

Holy moly.....is that group photo taken outside of a retirement home? SkooterG could be the resident caretaker.

Have fun and remember.....be safe out there, kids.

Most of the LD community is of the older persuasion. Don't be fooled by their age odot, they can all ride circles around you and can do it for 24 hours.

I don't doubt it. Bearlyflying dropped by dfw just recently(our brethren from up nort, eh) and that dude put some miles on.

Congratulations to SkooterG for winning the 2007 Land of Enchantment 1000 !!! :yahoo: I had a feeling it would turn out this way. Is this your first Rally win? Again, great ride Greg and good to be able to talk with you before the start.

Congrats on the win Skoot!!!

We all expect a full report pronto.

Sorry I missed this one, sounds like a great rally was had.

GZ

Way to go Greg, congratulations!!

Where was that report again? :lol:

One of these days I'll just have to make this rally.

dougc

I'd like to add my congratulations Greg. I was wondering if you had secured the kitchen pass or not, I guess this answers my question.

Great ride,

Mike Evans