Large Windscreen Issues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorgod

And now..let me introduce the one and only....MOTO
Reaction score
It seems to me that my +4 +3 Cee Bailey wind screen bounces more than the stocker. I looked at the hinge mechanism and it appears that the two upper mounts that rotate when the screen goes up/down use some type of bushing.

It seems like some slop has crept in and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this same issue.

Yep, mine flutters a bunch. I think the size and wieght combined with the airflow make it bounce around on the springs that help keep it positioned. I have mine "tuned"now, too, so it seems to wobble much more than it did even before.

I don't seem to have much of a problem with my CB +4+3. It is not rock steady but I wouldn't classify it as bounce. Maybe it is something I have to look forward to. Until then, I like mine with no complaints. :agent:

I've had a CB +4+3 for a year now. I don't think there is any more slop in the mechanism due to the CB, but it does seem more noticeable due to the longer length of the screen. Just to be safe I put my windshield down when running in the triple digits.