lawinter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye Larry. May you rest in peace forever.

My condolences to his family and friends and my condolences to us all for the loss of our brother.

So sad . Not much more can be said .God bless us all .

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry, we are going to miss you, even if we didn't know you personally. But we knew you as a brother, as a kindred spirit; and you added to our lives. Go in peace, mate.

To Larry's family - our prayers and thoughts are with you. May you find strength in this tough time through the words and actions of others, who cannot comfort enough to ease the pain, but who can stand by to help when you need it. And may you have comfort from remembering Larry. From far away our hearts reach out to you, and we embrace you in love.

And to Steve - take it easy, and talk about it.

May God give you peace.

David & Zea

My most sincere prayers for Larry, his family and his friends. Vaya con Dios, hermano.

"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life"Bertolt Brecht (1898 - 1956), The Mother, 1932

Rest in Peace lawinter.
+1 Well said Radman.

Such a very sad event to learn about. My heartfelt prayers go out to his family and friends.

From his next to last post..........

"And I thought my job was bad.

Life can change in an instant

Never let your family doubt you love them. " Larry Winter

Last edited:
My condolences are early in the thread.

+1 to Contribute.

Steve, though it was a troubling situation, we are glad someone was there to take control of things. We thank you for letting the board know. Find someone to converse with off line. It was a mentally troubling experience. We respect you for coming forward. You as well as Larry's Family are in our 'Thoughts & Prayers'.

If there is a link to an Obit, I would read it. TJ

Here is the info from the Denver paper. So sad.

Larry Winter

WINTER, LARRY

Larry Winter of Aurora, Colorado, passed away Friday, March 31st enjoying one of his greatest passions, motorcycling. He is survived by his wife, Marci; 2 children, Jason and Kari; his parents, Norm and Terri Winter of Ocala, Florida; his 2 sisters, Lauren and Linda; and his 2 brothers, Roger and Mike. Larry touched many lives and a memorial to his life will be held at his home later this month. In lieu of flowers, please send donation to the American Cancer Society.

[SIZE=14pt]"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming …....[/SIZE]

"F*#@, what a trip!"

Rest In Peace, Larry.

:rip:

Additional information...from the Denver newspapers obit area...

"Larry Winter

WINTER, LARRY

Larry Winter of Aurora, Colorado, passed away Friday, March 31st enjoying one of his greatest passions, motorcycling. He is survived by his wife, Marci; 2 children, Jason and Kari; his parents, Norm and Terri Winter of Ocala, Florida; his 2 sisters, Lauren and Linda; and his 2 brothers, Roger and Mike. Larry touched many lives and a memorial to his life will be held at his home later this month. In lieu of flowers, please send donation to the American Cancer Society.

Published in the Denver Newspaper Agency on 4/4/2006. "

rublenoon

In lieu of flowers, please send donation to the American Cancer Society.
Does someone want to setup a PayPal or something? Anyone who wanted to donate could send it to one person via PP, and then have that person make the donation on behalf of the board members?

I'd offer to do it, but I think it might be better done by an admin..

Perhaps passing through the gates of death is like passing quietly through the gate in a pasture fence. On the other side, you keep walking, without the need to look back. No shock, no drama, just the lifting of a plank or two in a simple wooden gate in a clearing. Neither pain, nor floods of light, nor great voices, but just the silent crossing of a meadow.

Mark Helprin

Carnifex,

I'm with y'all on this one. If no Admins volunteer, I'd be perfectly comfortable with sending the $$$ to you.

Stef

So, so sad :bye2:

We didn't have the honor to meet Larry but our thoughts are with him & his family, and also his riding buddy, Steve, who must be feeling it right now.

Shit happens brothers, and that is, unfortunately, life at it's worse.

Some consolation can be taken that he was doing what he loved, if that is consolation at all.

R.I.P. Larry

+ 1 on donations.

Rog & Deb

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what else to say except that I am so sad to hear this awful news. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

In lieu of flowers, please send donation to the American Cancer Society.
Does someone want to setup a PayPal or something? Anyone who wanted to donate could send it to one person via PP, and then have that person make the donation on behalf of the board members?

I'd offer to do it, but I think it might be better done by an admin..

Perhaps passing through the gates of death is like passing quietly through the gate in a pasture fence. On the other side, you keep walking, without the need to look back. No shock, no drama, just the lifting of a plank or two in a simple wooden gate in a clearing. Neither pain, nor floods of light, nor great voices, but just the silent crossing of a meadow.

Mark Helprin
I don't want derail and demean this thread for Larry with logistics, but I think that the ADMINS should open a separate thread PUBLICLY anointing someone from our community who volunteers to do this.

That will give legitimacy to the person collecting legacy money for the group...

God speed to Larry's wife and children...

Status
Not open for further replies.