• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Let the Hunt Begin - Looking for a Steal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this kinda look like a police line-up? JSNS
smile.png

SAM_0600_zpse7c44ab0.jpg

I should probably feel bad for what my friend hppants is going through. Of course he would have fallen for the red '14 anyway but here is what happened.

Dad was not happy with a few things on his '07 FJR and I thought that he might be interested in upgrading to a Gen 3. SkooterG and the Yamaha Demo truck came to town and there was an opportunity to get Dad a test ride. Dad looked at the group of undisciplined kids in tennis shoes climbing on the R1 and the other crotch rockets and decided he was NOT going on that group ride. I jumped on the '14 ES even though I was perfectly happy with the Honda ST1300. 2 miles into that ride I knew I had just screwed myself out of $17K.

I called my friend hppants as soon as I got home. I begged him to come ride the ES. He obliged me by riding in and meeting me at Friendly Yamaha the next morning. He was just as blown away as I had been the day before.

This is me when I realized that my faithful Honda ST1300 was not my favorite bike anymore:

Buddy of mine just rode off with a '14 still in the crate for $12,500 out the door. The guy was very clear that he would not lose a sale on price. He said find the best deal you can and I'll beat it. There are deals to be had with dealers that haven't been able to move the 14's. If Gary didn't buy it, I would have. But the divorce costs would be way more than 12.5.

I should have never let you ride mine.
blum.gif

For those of you that don't know, about 6 years ago in Deal's Gap, Designflaw (Tim) took a wonderful leap of faith and let me test ride his bike. Before that day, I hardly knew what an FJR was, let alone saw one. Since that day, I've been ape crap over the bike and nothing has ever been the same. So if it means anything to you, Tim - this is all your fault.

And I am eternally grateful.

hppants if you do buy the '14 from Friendly Yamaha and G squared we may get some other benefits out of this deal. That will be at least two FJRs that were sold there due to that Demo Ride. If we leverage this properly we can convince them to get that Demo truck back down here again. This time I WILL ride the R1. I will ride it no matter what it costs me.

Heaven knows that damned FZ-09 nearly cost me some money, obviously the ES demo ride knocked a hole in my budget. A big hole.

RfH and pants experienced love at first ride...with the '14.
So many funny things came to my mind after reading this. Might be the "Honey" talking. Could be that I am around junior high kids all day. Probably was the 3 hour grading session of the Illinois constitution test after school.

At about 14 I loved my first ride--wait, that's not what u meant.

It's probably a good thing that the demo truck stays way away from here. I really hope a steal comes your way. In my way of thinking, steals have a trickle down affect-- if u get one, someone will buy your bike and the process to me getting a used Gen3 will happen. Somehow it's the circle of FJR life. Good luck my friends.

I think 'pants is going with the "A" model. I will probably wish I had gone that route when it is time to service my suspension.
uhoh.gif
You are not that far from Traxxion, maybe they can use your shock for a test model.
smile.png
Put some miles on that sucker!
I would if I could but work has interfered so far. I am (hopefully) working the last of my 6 and a half months of straight nights right now. Back to my shift schedule and some days off during the week so I can ride and live.

Ooohhh! ^^^^^^ Pretty in Pink! What a precious motorcycle! It looks just darling in that shade of fuschia! I'll just bet you have a Riding Outfit to match.