Let's talk, Shell Rotella T

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodahdude

Reaction score
I'm new to the FJR seen. This is my first Yamaha. I currently have a 2004 with 23,000 miles on it. I keep seeing Retella oil everywhere I go. I've searched it on the web and the newer fully synthetic T6 5W-40 oil lists JASO-MA compliance on its packaging and on the Rotella website. I was just wondering would this oil be better to use than any other brand? I live in Kansas where we don't have many twisties or steep inclines. Pretty flat and straight here. But we do get both weather extremes. Very hot and very cold. What say you?

I use it in every thing I own that has as engine.

09 Mitsu Lancer 125K miles

97 Silverado 110K miles

01 Yamaha FZ1 90K miles

04 DRZ400 9K miles

lawnmower 10 yrs old

pressure washer 5 years old

etc

Never had any oil related issues.

Oh Boy an oil thread to spice up the weekend.

If you use a good quality oil of the specfied viscosity and change it on a reasonable schedule you will not have an oil related failure.

Opinions are like assholes and we have an abundance of those here.

Take your pick and don't worry about it

I'm interested in using it on my next oil change. I just wanted to know why it's so popular.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/120887-thread-spin-off-about-possible-change-to-rotella-diesel-oil/page-1?hl=rotella Dodahude, the finest Epistle to Rotella was written by FJR Forum Member ShinyPartsUp of Roseville, Oregon. An incredible masterpiece of all aspects of Rotella: You'll laugh, you'll cry and it'll even make you want to play with yourself. Well, at least RadioHowie and HotRodZilla did that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Beemerdons. Guess i'm in the wrong thread.... Mods, can you move this to "Never ending and pointless".

My $.02: I used the 15W-40 non-synthetic Rotella just because the viscosity more closely matched Yamalube 20W.

No foaming or other issues to 50K.

Oh Boy an oil thread to spice up the weekend.If you use a good quality oil of the specfied viscosity and change it on a reasonable schedule you will not have an oil related failure.

Well.. It takes one to know one.
whistle.gif

:****:

Oh Boy an oil thread to spice up the weekend.If you use a good quality oil of the specfied viscosity and change it on a reasonable schedule you will not have an oil related failure.

Well.. It takes one to know one.
whistle.gif

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gif
No argument there. I'm in good company.
bleh.gif

Ahhh NEPRT! You're right, it's warm here compared to the arctic outside.

Speaking of Arctic air, Rotella flows even when it snows.