License Plate Storage Box

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stray Bullet

Reaction score
I was hoping to find someone who knows about a storage box that you attach your license plate to and then attach to the fender. The one I am thinking about is about 3" thick and locks with a padlock on its upper left corner. I saw it on an '03 this weekend and forgot the name the owner gave me. The Grifter, I think, is only about 1" thick.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Roger

Pelican has a number of different sized boxes that have been used.

Be aware, though, if your licence plate light doesn't illuminate the plate because it's pushed out a few inches, you may be pulled over.

Stray Bullet,

I have the Pelican #1150 mounted (I found the #1120 too small to hold tools). I ebayed a motorcycle licence plate holder with a plate light that was removed off of some Honda sport bike.

Since it holds a lot, I added a SS 1/16" wire cable sling from the luggage rack to support the weight. It's hinged at the bottom and the lid becomes a small surface to work off of when it's open. A small luggage lock could be used if you feel it's needed.

To me, the box fits in very well.

Someone took a picture of it at the 2005 CFO. Sorry, I can't locate it.

dobias <_<

I ebayed a motorcycle licence plate holder with a plate light that was removed off of some Honda sport bike.
Since it holds a lot, I added a SS 1/16" wire cable sling from the luggage rack to support the weight.
Great ideas. Love to see a picture with the cable sling, if you find it.

worthless.gif

OK, wise guys,

I took some pictures with a $25 Mickey Mouse type DigiGr8 camera. How do I get them on this forum?

I admit to being digital photo illiterate.

dobias <_<

OK, wise guys,
I took some pictures with a $25 Mickey Mouse type DigiGr8 camera. How do I get them on this forum?

dobias <_<
Doesn't anyone use the space under the passenger seat and driver seat for tools and misc?

OK, wise guys,

dobias <_<
Photobucket.com

Trinibob,

Is that an illuminated licence plate frame?

As soon as I manage to learn how, I'll get my own photos posted... my bike isn't clean & shiney like yours, though! ( I can tell how you spent your winter)

dobias <_<

Trinibob,

I can see the brake lights but is the licence plate illuminated? If it isn't, you're asking for a ticket from any Keystone Kop.

dobias <_<