Long distance buying

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodale

Reaction score
I'm still looking for a nice 2007 or 08 FJR. Haven't found anything in my area but tons of the 2005 (why ?). How did you find one long distance ? If I found the right deal I'd fly out and drive it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - It's not necessary to use redundant modifying adjectives such as "nice", or "beautiful", or "awesome" before the phrase "2007 FJR".

'03 to '05 are Generation I. '06 and later are Gen. II.

If you want a really smoking deal on a lot of bike, find a low mileage Gen. I. If you want better heat management (for rider), and a few other changes, and are prepared to pay a bit more, get a used Gen.II.

Didn't you say in your introductory post that you wanted a black one? If so, then you're looking for '08s and '09s, unless you repaint. You probably know that an '07 is burgundy.

I just sold my 07 on this forum. I recommend that you search the ad section of this forum. There are a good number of bikes listed on here and they seem to go for good prices. Go back several months as there may be some put on last fall that are still available. And if you buy from someone on this forum it will likely be a well cared for bike.

Bought my brand new '07, (when it was the current model year), on eBay, from Heinen's in Osseo, MN. Saved a ton, had it shipped to Texas.

Check Raleigh NC's Craigslist; there's an 2007 FJR on there that's been advertised for about 3 months now (his price has dropped only $300 or so in that time). It sounds like it's in mint condition and has low miles...it's owned by a fella that runs a tuning shop for HD's or something along those lines. The Feejers are out there, you just gotta check all the nooks and crannies. :D

I'm still looking for a nice 2007 or 08 FJR. Haven't found anything in my area but tons of the 2005 (why ?). How did you find one long distance ? If I found the right deal I'd fly out and drive it back.
I bought an '07 from Nevada about 7 weeks ago. (I'm in Sonoma County CA) I found it in the Reno Nevada Craig's List.I studied all the different years and colors and was hell bent on the '07 dark cherry. The Gen I are lighter, sportier. The gen II are get along pretty good, but are heavier and more refined.

'08s and '09s are black.

Good luck,

I found a super easy way to search all of craigslist at once. I used this to find the 2007 FJR1300A that I am going to Texas to pick up the end of this month.

Use https://craiglook.com/ This site is awesome and will save you hours of searching.

Good Luck

In addition to what has alredy been mentioned, use www.searchtempest.com to seach Craigslist ads nationwide. Check out the Flea Market at www.advrider.com and the classifieds at www.sport-touring.net. There are always FJRs in ADV and STN. If you find one that sounds like a good deal, look at the member map of this forum to find someone who might be willing to give it a once over for you. I know I would be willing to look at one near me and give you my impressions of the bike and the seller. You can probably find members who would let you crash at their place if you do a fly in. I do that for the ADV community all the time. Good luck in your search. I'll keep an eye out for you.

I found my 2008 on ebay. I'd been casually looking for about 6 months when I saw one near Atlanta come up for auction the week before I was scheduled to be there on business. Was kind of a hassle working out details with the seller, but worked out great. My company flew me out there and I rode it back to St. Louis. It was fate but the hardest part was explaing that to the wife.

I found a super easy way to search all of craigslist at once. I used this to find the 2007 FJR1300A that I am going to Texas to pick up the end of this month.
Use https://craiglook.com/ This site is awesome and will save you hours of searching.

Good Luck
https://searchtempest.com is like that website as well. I found my bike on craigslist using that. An 03 with 6xxx on the clock last spring.

I did a fly-n-ride last November to get mine.

I bought it off a forum member (both here and Pashnit). I flew down to SoCal and rode it home (about 450 miles give or take my detours).

I had a high comfort level after discussing it with the seller and checking on his postings. It's a lot more of a crapshoot on Craig's.

A brand new '07 is for sale at a dealership near my home in Kenner, LA a suburb of New Orleans

I'd be happy to do whatever if you are driven to try to make a purchase.

I'm a good negotiator and know these folks...the owner is a tough businessman, but getting desperate to move this bike

I'd say something between $10 and 10.5k OTD (no tax and a small doc fee) would be fair bone stock.

CLICKY

I will happily provide transportation, room and board, and whatever you need while you or any forum member is here

If interested, let me know...

PM me and I'll be happy to respond with my contact info

Cheers and best on finding YOUR bike,

Mike in Nawlins'

PS:

hay, make the deal, we'll pickup the bike, and join us for the New Orleans Ride to Eat weekend event April 9-12

see the clicky in my sig about this event

here's the latest email I received about this bike:

Thank you for your quote request on the 2007 Yamaha FJR1300A. We currently

are offering this model for a price of $10,999.00 plus a transportation

charge of $350.00. This price is plus Government Fees and Taxes, any

Finance Charges, and any Dealer Document Preparation Charges.

I do still have this unit in stock, If you are still interested please

call me anytime!

Thanks Scott

If we can be of assistance prior to that time, please contact us.

New Orleans Power Sports

3011 Loyola Drive

Kenner, LA 70065

(504) 461-0011

Email: [email protected]

Even with the 4 year Y.E.S. most if not all 2005 models are out of warranty. May be the reason so many are now on the market. A lot of old farts prefer to pay up front - i.e buy new, rather than risk getting hit with a big repair bill on an older machine. :lol:

The day after Thanksgiving I flew from Austin to Tulsa to buy a leftover 08AE. None of the local dealers could come anywhere close to the $10.5 OTD price from Tulsa. Road it back the 500 miles.

That's not the best way to buy a bike, but it worked for me. If you care about the warranty on any bike, new or used, it's best to call Yamaha customer service with the VIN to find out exactly what warranty is available for it.

here's the latest email I received about this bike:
Thank you for your quote request on the 2007 Yamaha FJR1300A. We currently

are offering this model for a price of $10,999.00 plus a transportation

charge of $350.00. This price is plus Government Fees and Taxes, any

Finance Charges, and any Dealer Document Preparation Charges.

I do still have this unit in stock
Gee, I wonder why? I paid $11.8 for mine, or at the most $450 more than he wants right now, and that was back when it was the current model!

We need a clue on Aisle 5, STAT! :lol:

With jodale being from California, it's going to be tough to buy anything new from out of state. Doesn't Cali still require [newer] vehicles to have 7500 miles on them before registering them in the state? If so, then a lightly used one...unless you find a nice newer CA bike is your only option.

--G