Looking for details on factory plugs for grip heater

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
60 degrees is warm here but since I finished this yesterday and had to return to work, it was the only temperature I had. I rode the bike in on Weds morning and it was showing -1 celcius then which is 30-31 deg Wish I had the grips then to try! I'm hoping this nice weather continues for awhile.

graler; just an FYI. I have the Vista Cruise and the 1/4 spacer on the right grip and only the 1/4" spacer on the left which leaves a 1/4 gap between the grip and the left switch housing. You can sorta see it in the 3rd last photo above. There is a pin in the switch housing that prevents it from moving down the bar so I might put a piece of foam or something in there. If you get the touring grips that may not be an issue.

I'll try to measure the length of these vs stock and post it tonight.

where dafuq is this green/white wire? Im right good with riding and wirin, but I can't find the green/white trigger line for nothin in my 06 blue.

where dafuq is this green/white wire? Im right good with riding and wirin, but I can't find the green/white trigger line for nothin in my 06 blue.
I think you want the Green/Blue wire that comes from the headlight relay. As shown in my schematic the wire is in a two pin blue connector that should be located under the heat controller knock-out panel where it can plug into the Yamaha heat controller.

GenIIHeatedGripsSchematic.jpg

Latest posts