Low End GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with one of the Garmin Handheld Mappng (Etrex Vista Cx) units b/c I use it for the car, hiking, biking and motorcycles. It uses the same software used by the bigger Garmin units and allows turn by turn directions and address entry. Combined with a RAM Mount it cant be beat...now if I did more heavy duty touring I would go with a bigger unit and bluetooth but for 300 mile rides here and there it meets my needs.

Used my streetpilot III two weekends ago to find Deals Gap from my place in NC. Worked great, the Ram mount was a tight fit between the brake lever and the throttle but it made it. Mount was solid and was not in the way at all. I am very happy with the streetpilot III, it was a great deal for my application, although the music would be nice to have!!!!

I have a 330 and use a piece of surgical tubing to hear it at speed. Am going to install a mini receptical for a earbud.

Anybody here have a Garmin 2730? Seems like a good unit with integrated XM.
Great unit. I've had one for a little over a year and love it. Now that it's been discontinued the prices on the remaining stock has plummeted. Try www.tvnav.com

I'm trying out a Mio C520 on the way to EOM. It has Bluetooth and MP3 built in, expansion card and all of North America in it. So far it has been pretty good, kinda took a couple sidestreets in Rockford Ill. but it got me through OK.

We will see how it does over the whole trip. For $399 CAD the price is reasonable.

FWIW, I got a 2610 from the edgegps.com link listed here early (they are waterproof), and received it quickly. As for the update to Version 7, at first it did not look good, when I registered, Garmin listed the update to Version 8 as a $75 dollar option. I sent an Email to them, same answer. After someone else told me they called Garmin and were sent the upgrade (different GPS and seller) I called them and waited the 30 minutes on hold. I was then promptly and courteously told I would be receiving Version 8 for free, in the mail. It came today. They also had a good price on the motorcycle mount, so I ordered that too. Since I already had a RAM mount for my old Magellan GPS on my tankbag, upgrading the whole affair was simple. It took longer to load the software and maps than it did to mount the GPS.

I just recieved a Zumo450 from www.buydig.com for 478.oo shipped I'm new to this whole GPS thing. Is this unit supposed to give voice prompts or do I need to buy earbuds or a external speaker of some kind ,or is this unit of the mute variety?