Magnum Blasters Without Relay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANTGVI'm starting to worry what site you venture too? :eek:
You'd be surpised what you can find with Google :eek:

Besides, the more I hang out here, the more warped I get
random007.gif

I think it's Don's hypnotic eyes....
You'll note that Don's eyes are merely trying to keep up with the bouncing... er, nevermind! ("Did I ever mention that Bombles Bounce?" - Santa Claus) :D

I leave you guys alone in this thread for a couple days and see what happens?

It's gone WAY

D

O

W

N

H

I

L

L

!

:clown2:

If I wanted to mount an electric chain gun to fire when the horn goes off, should I use a relay in the horn circuit? :D
Nope, but the retro-rockets will blow the circuit if they are in series with the chain gun...

I used 12 gauge and a Radio Shack relay
I can't seem to find a good place to mount my 12 gauge to the bike, even with the pistol grip and short barrel. On the handlebars compromises handling and atop the side bags gets in Brenda's way, not to mention the relay? Now, I really think a relay would not be necessary with a 12 gauge, unless you mean handing it off to the passenger so you could focus on driving while they do the blasting. ;)

A heavy duty switch rated at 15 amps or above would be no problem if you don't use a relay
But if you use a relay, you are, in essence, getting a heavy duty switch rated at 30 amps. Sounds like a no-brainer.
Actually Magnum Blaster WOULD be a pretty good name for an ammo company. :trinibob:

I'm not sure I understand all I know about what you guy's said HUH????
I don't mind the occasional resurrected thread. What is your question? There are plenty of threads that talk about why you should use a relay if you use high amperage farkles, like the Blasters. There are a few that tell you how to wire up the relay, and you can even buy a cable ready to go with the relay and everything if you don't want to make your own.