Massive Motorcycle Crash; North Phoenix

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Epic Tragedy on so many levels....

My heart is saddened by this news, prayers for encouragement to the survivors and medical teams who care for them and especially to the families who now have to start a process of epic proportion on their own.

Sometimes you just can't speak to these just quite right. It's a complex of emotions especially when you're a rider. Anger, Fear, Doubt and Refocus. Surely as stated a reminder it should serve for all of us to be safe.

Wow! God be with those families.

Jeez on the 10 o'clock news there still gettin the bodies out from under the truck, also a phoenix fire capt was one of the severly injurded but just heard he's expected to pull through.

What terrible news. A definite reality check for all of us that ride. Watch your mirrors folks. They're out to get you, from all directions.

Thoughts are prayers are sent for all affected by this tragedy, especially the emergency crews on the scene and at the hospital. May God comfort and strengthen those who have lost loved ones and those who are helping others to heal.

How ironic that this happened on the 'Carefree' Highway. Will it be renamed the 'Careless' Highway?

Last edited by a moderator:
This might push Arizona's lane sharing bill thru quicker....

hopefully the truck driver will get whats coming to him..

R

Watching your mirrors is great but you can't always just drop the clutch when sitting at a red light-especially if you are last in line in a group.. I was in my truck following a car when we came up on a huge group of Harleys stopped in the road waiting for a car up front to make a left. The guy in the car ahead of me must have been playing with his dick because he ran right into the bikes, nailing his brakes at the last second. I watched a Harley guy have grand mal siezures and die right in front of me. This happened about a mile from my home and every day I am reminded by the little roadside memorial..

Watching your mirrors is great but you can't always just drop the clutch when sitting at a red light-especially if you are last in line in a group.. I was in my truck following a car when we came up on a huge group of Harleys stopped in the road waiting for a car up front to make a left. The guy in the car ahead of me must have been playing with his dick because he ran right into the bikes, nailing his brakes at the last second. I watched a Harley guy have grand mal siezures and die right in front of me. This happened about a mile from my home and every day I am reminded by the little roadside memorial..
You are absolutely right. Watching your mirrors and the other traffic around you does little good unless you plan an escape route and leave room to use that route. And no matter what you do or prepare for, there is always risk. We can't be prepare for every possible problem, but we can do our best.

You are absolutely right. Watching your mirrors and the other traffic around you does little good unless you plan an escape route and leave room to use that route. And no matter what you do or prepare for, there is always risk. We can't be prepare for every possible problem, but we can do our best.
Makes me want to keep my wigwag light bar.

Terrible accident beemerdons posted up. I can't imagine how horrific that is and all the families burdened or destroyed. Just very sad.

I was really afraid of this, I knew one of the victims, Phoenix is a tight knit motorcycle riding community. My friend Ernie Lizarraga, a City of Phoenix Firefighter, is in the hospital with his injuries. With my being Manager of Metro Mechanical's Pipefitting Division, we have interaction with all of the State's Fire Department Inspectors.

Ernie was a Captain and a 22-year Veteran of the Phoenix Fire Department. He was riding with the local Fire Fighters motorcycle club: Phoenix-M-C-Kruzers; Harleys.

OMG.. I feel for all involved, even the truck driver. One moment of carelessness with life long ramifications for all concerned.

Thoughts and prayers going out to all involved. Horrific tragedy!

Always plan an escape route at intersections and stay in gear with eyes in the mirrors.

OMG.. I feel for all involved, even the truck driver. One moment of carelessness with life long ramifications for all concerned.
**** the truck driver. I hope Guido gets the hots for him in prison.
If I pulled a boneheaded stunt like that, prison would be the least of my concerns. Suicide watch would be more appropriate. Just sayin. Since he's considered a professional, jail is quite likely in his future if he makes it that far..

I was really afraid of this, I knew one of the victims, Phoenix is a tight knit motorcycle riding community. My friend Ernie Lizarraga, a City of Phoenix Firefighter, is in the hospital with his injuries. With my being Manager of Metro Mechanical's Pipefitting Division, we have interaction with all of the State's Fire Department Inspectors.
Ernie was a Captain and a 22-year Veteran of the Phoenix Fire Department. He was riding with the local Fire Fighters motorcycle club: Phoenix-M-C-Kruzers; Harleys.
Just got a call from a FD contact, Ernie is indeed in critical condition. Found out something I did not know, even though we were both US Army; Ernie was an Airborne Ranger. If anybody is going to survive these severe types of injuries, it is going to be a Special Forces Soldier! Please keep Ernie, everyone, in your daily prayers!!!

Just got a call from a FD contact, Ernie is indeed in critical condition. Found out something I did not know, even though we were both US Army; Ernie was an Airborne Ranger. If anybody is going to survive these severe types of injuries, it is going to be a Special Forces Soldier! Please keep Ernie, everyone, in your daily prayers!!!
You betcha... I've had a lot of angels helping me through... they've been dispatched his way!