May 22nd - River Rat Run -

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeldeal72

Reaction score
One of my riding groups, the High Road Riders, is having their first group ride of the year and have nicknamed it the river rat run. This group is open for all riders to come on rides but for this particular ride they ask for an RSVP since there are restaurant stops involved. Please RSVP to the people noted below.

I thought I'd post this here in case somebody was looking for a nice ride on that day. I've ridden with this group for 6 years and the rides are very well organized, well run, and safety is a high priority. If you are interested in the ride the details are below. I won't personally be able to make this one, but do plan on attending others throughout the summer. Check it out, you might have a lot of fun.

Type: Roadtrip

Date: Saturday, May 22, 2010

Time: 7:00am - 5:00pm (show up at 7:00 AM sharp)

Location: Willow Creek Community Church Parking - Parking Lot A

Street: 67 E. Algonquin Road

City/Town: South Barrington, IL

Description: Join us for our first official HighRoad Run of 2010! It will be a full day - approximately 240 miles total. Each mile will fly by as you take in the scenery along three scenic rivers, hence the name, "River Rat Run". We'll give you some rest along the way, including a nice breakfast stop. You'll not only enjoy the scenery, but you'll have a great time with the rest of the River Rats!

If you complete the ride with us, there is a patch you can purchase for just $5. We hope you can make it, and bring a friend! The more the merrier.

We will need an RSVP on this ride in order to let the restaurant know how many people to seat. Either email us at [email protected] or call Gary and Cindy at 224-512-1576. You can also find information about the High Road Riders rides by joining their facebook group page.

sounds like fun, unfortunately i have to work saturdays now...

Update: Road Captain says that 143 people have signed up for this great ride. The breakfast stop restaurant is providing private room to hold everyone and offering all you can eat buffet for $10.00 Amazing what a little good weather forecast can do!