Meet & Eat, Sat., 04/12/08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to know more about Ralph's ride with the four ladies...
Marty, I think I'm going to dust the cobwebs off this weekend, but we've got a commitment Saturday evening that a 1 pm won't get me back in time for...maybe...let me do some tinkering with my schedule.
Would it help it we pulled the meet-up time in by an hour or so..? Say, lunch @ 12:00? I'd be great to have you out there!
Don't move lunch time just for me. Either way, this is starting to look very do-able for me. A meet in the Shiloh lot like you mentioned isn't a bad idea.

My only concern was the amount of snow on US 26 they've had in the last week - didn't know if it would be "totally" cleared by Saturday, even with those temps. If it starts to heat up Friday, that'd help.

I might do that. I was thinking of riding down to the coast, but every blue hair around will be going down and it would be a very slow ride.
Hey, Bikerskier can't help his blue hair...give the guy a break.

My only concern was the amount of snow on US 26 they've had in the last week - didn't know if it would be "totally" cleared by Saturday, even with those temps. If it starts to heat up Friday, that'd help.
Yeah, good point. We'll have to play the return route by ear.

I just ran into my Hayabusa-riding neighbor at the mailbox. Regarding my little loop route posted above, he says that if we don't come off Bakeoven Rd, continue over to Shaniko, down to Antelope on 218 and then over to 197 on 293, we'd be missing the whole point of riding out there. There's a particular stretch of 218 where his sport-bike riding buddies go to video their rides and post up on YouTube. (Having "flown" the route on Google Earth, it does look like fun!!). With those additions, it makes the loop about 80 miles.

[SIZE=14pt]Notice: Change of Venue for Meet & Eat, Sat., 04/12/08[/SIZE]

I was just informed by its owner that the Oasis Cafe has delayed its opening to 4/18. He offers his sincerest apolgies...

Instead, let's meet at the following location:

Imperial River Co.

304 Bakeoven Rd

Maupin OR 97037

+1 (800) 395-3903

A reservation has been made for 12:00 noon w/ seating on the deck.

Map:

MaupinTownMap.gif

Sorry for the change..!

Marty

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Marty, count me in. Mind if I meet you at Shilo's, Airport Way @ 9AM? Was going to take the S3 out but this sounds to good to pass up for the FJR.

Bill

You're absolutely right! Biker trash!

Let's see, one is a senior escrow officer for a major title/escrow company, one is a captain for a major airline, another is an attorney and then a bank VP. They all probably live under a bridge.

Obviously, way beneath my station in life to associate with this group. Must strive for friends in higher places..... people with names that include, monkey, pig, child, iggy, nut, toe, bum and on and on...

How will I ever face my public again?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're absolutely right! Biker trash!
Let's see, one is a senior escrow officer for a major title/escrow company, one is a captain for a major airline, another is an attorney and then a bank VP. They all probably live under a bridge.

Obviously, way beneath my station in life to associate with this group. Must strive for friends in higher places..... people with names that include, monkey, pig, child, iggy, nut, toe, bum and on and on...

How will I ever face my public again?
I just can't show that pic to Mrs. SockMonkey. She's been eyeballing 883 Sportsters lately... :glare:

Yeah, good point. We'll have to play the return route by ear.

I just ran into my Hayabusa-riding neighbor at the mailbox. Regarding my little loop route posted above, he says that if we don't come off Bakeoven Rd, continue over to Shaniko, down to Antelope on 218 and then over to 197 on 293, we'd be missing the whole point of riding out there. There's a particular stretch of 218 where his sport-bike riding buddies go to video their rides and post up on YouTube. (Having "flown" the route on Google Earth, it does look like fun!!). With those additions, it makes the loop about 80 miles.

I've ridden that road and would love to do it again. It is well worth the detour and extra mileage!!!! It sounds like a Portland group is planin on meeting at Shilo on Airport way @ 9am, correct? I'm a newbie to the group and would love to tag along. I've got a couple of buddies not on FJR's, are you guys cool with that?

Ray

Okay, I'm in. I'll be at the PDX Shiloh at 9 a.m.

My father-in-law is coming with me on his new Road King - been promising him a ride together for too long. This seems like a great opportunity.

See you guys there.

Ponyfool? Paging Mr. Ponyfool...

Alrighty then, SO has signed off and plans are cemented in place. Lookin forward to the trip to see some old friends and meet new ones. Decisions, decisions...will youse guys disown me if I ride my Strom instead of the FJR?? :ph34r:

--G

I've ridden that road and would love to do it again. It is well worth the detour and extra mileage!!!! It sounds like a Portland group is planin on meeting at Shilo on Airport way @ 9am, correct? I'm a newbie to the group and would love to tag along. I've got a couple of buddies not on FJR's, are you guys cool with that?
Ray
Great!!! Yep, meet-up at the Shilo Inn on Airport Way @ 9:00 AM. And yes, your riding buddies are more than welcome to ride with us!! See you Saturday!

Alrighty then, SO has signed off and plans are cemented in place. Lookin forward to the trip to see some old friends and meet new ones. Decisions, decisions...will youse guys disown me if I ride my Strom instead of the FJR?? :ph34r:
--G
No, we won't disown you, but you may have to ride either well ahead or well behind so that we're not necessarily seen with you... :lol: You'll just have bring a picture of your FJR with you so that at least she's along for the ride!

Okay, I'm in. I'll be at the PDX Shiloh at 9 a.m.
My father-in-law is coming with me on his new Road King - been promising him a ride together for too long. This seems like a great opportunity.

See you guys there.

Ponyfool? Paging Mr. Ponyfool...
Yeah, baby! See you on Saturday! (I think I'd better call the restaurant and give them a heads up that there might be a few more than 6 or 7...!!)

I soo wish I was retired. I'd be up there in a Creston second.
Oh, come on...! It's only, what, 800 miles from Creston CA to Maupin OR? For our patriarch, Sir Warchild, that'd only be a half day's ride (that is if you believe that underwear site where he does his "celebrity endorsement" thing...)! :p