Meet & Eat, Sat., 04/12/08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After going through the pictures and reflecting, what a nice day to take a ride and meet some of our virtual friends from this place that has brought us together...

After breakfast the group saddles up and prepares to hit the Columbia River gorge.

OR241208Resize.jpg

Little did we know that the 'train' would be with us the better part of the morning. As yes, it did seem that I could have reached out and hitched a ride from pigs picture. The group finally took up a collection to bribe the train engineer :lol: so he would slow down and let SockMonkey beat him to the lunch stop...j/k btw.

At lunch the train tracks were just across the river.

OR341208Resize.jpg

OR441208Resize.jpg

Another requisite group lunch pic while we put the hurt on some beef.

OR641208Resize.jpg

There is always one clown in the group. B) Niehart doing his imitation of dirty dancing...

OR741208Resize.jpg

Great turnout from all over. The Imperial River Co. would make an excellent staging spot for a WOFOG. An idea begins to brew... ;)

OR841208Resize.jpg

On the return ride to metro Seattle, Niehart and I returned to WA14 and took a detour north on Klickitat river road or SR142. Can anyone tell me how to ruin a perfectly good road ? Yep, that's right how about a rolling roadblock with a trio of Milwaukee's finest.

A shot of the canyon.

OR1041208Resize.jpg

Looking down hill .

OR1241208Resize.jpg

All in all, an excellent day for a ride. No performance awards :yahoo: and a chance to meet some new friends and renew old acquaintances.

--G

Here are the pics of the trip I took before my camera died - which makes me happy since now I can buy a new camera. :rolleyes:

The view from Hwy 14 overlooking the gorge.

IMG_1615.JPG

Fehklar (my bike) parked at the overlook turnout on Hwy 14.

IMG_1618.JPG

Mt. Jefferson in the distance from Hwy 197 between Dufur and Maupin, OR.

IMG_1619.JPG

My bike with a telephone pole growing out of it's behind. :blink:

IMG_1620.JPG

Sorry I missed it. I was at my son's baseball game (I'm the coach). Looks like a great ride and great fun!

Good Evening guys!! How do you finish off a great weekend after a ride like Saturday?...You follow it up riding with your best dirt bike buddy on Sunday...these are pictures of my 10 year old son on his TTR-110 out at Longview MX. It's his 4th time riding and did a GREAT job!!! Look at his posture on the bike, head up, looking where he's going, no "staring at the dirt"...All day riding only put it down once, going into a burm, looked up and saw Dad watching him and went wide into the soft stuff. no tears, just asked me if I've ever crashed on the dirt, my response..."so many times I can't count!!!".....

Dakota3.jpg

Dakota2.jpg

Dakota1.jpg

PS: Bikerskier and 650Cent...The WR450 started and ran like a champ today!!! I guess it's a keeper until next time. Actually caught some pretty good air off a couple of jumps today. It will actually pull a wheelie in second gear just by rocking back on the pegs and grabbing a little throttle. I recommend the "grey wire cut"!!!

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:

And here's a laundry commerical in the making..!! :lol: Great pics, Ray! Looks like a blast! <sigh> I wish I could get my 2 teenage boys interested in something other than computers, video games and combinations thereof..!

You should post some photos of your son riding, too.

:p

Good photos, Ray. Looks like another good riding day for you, sheesh! I'm jealous, I got to do yard work today.
FJR Pig, what's funny is I actuall do ride his 110 sometimes. It's a blast!!! Has a tone o power...He hasn't figured out that there are 4 gears in it yet.

Maupin_group.jpg

I think this all that showed up. I put names to these, then my grandaughter came in and the names went away. I'll do it again next time.

I ended up riding to Fossil after we left the Imperial River Co.. Sandy and Roger rode home to watch the Masters. I did 420 miles and got home at 6:30pm.

Had a great time.

Maupin_group.jpg
I think this all that showed up. I put names to these, then my grandaughter came in and the names went away. I'll do it again next time.

I ended up riding to Fossil after we left the Imperial River Co.. Sandy and Roger rode home to watch the Masters. I did 420 miles and got home at 6:30pm.

Had a great time.
Very nice! I can't wait to do it again!

Nice photo montage, Ken! Thanks.

Our Sunday AM started great with the most amazing b/fast at the Screen Door on E Burnside and 24th. Awesome food, but if you don't get there early it can be up to a 2 hour wait. Don't think I would ever do that but I guess plenty of folks do. Then ditto on the yard work, lawns, pruning, fertilizer, etc, etc. Envy anyone that got a decent ride in today, because its raining again!

Last edited by a moderator: