Meet, Greet & Eat in Avila Beach, Saturday Oct. 6th, 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boys -I'm pretty sure I'm in so count one more for lunch. I'll probably spend the night at a buddy's house in Ojai so I will meet Fairlaner and the boys in SB at 10-0-30. San Clemente to Avila Beach = 250 mi. Should I ride the Deuce so Carver doesn't feel out of place (or maybe the Duc....decisions, decisions)
2005 Aprilia Scarabeo 150 - This scoot scoots - :rolleyes:

Anyone coming through Ventura there will be a stop at the Chevron Gas Station at 101 and Victoria the wife and I will be there at 9:30,

Fairlaner and group will be there between 9:45 and 10:00. Need to Roll out not later then 10:eek:o to pick up the TWN in SB

J Dog

Last edited by a moderator:
Will miss meeting you all but I will have to bail on the meeting of the clan. Have to work this weekend, dam airhandler on the roof is going out.

You all have fun and ride safe and throw a tidbit to the seals for me :D

Thanks, Dan in Yucaipa.

OOPS.....I luckily remembered its the Wifes Birthday this Saturday. I'm out for this one, Dang it! :glare:

Will miss meeting you all but I will have to bail on the meeting of the clan. Have to work this weekend, dam airhandler on the roof is going out.You all have fun and ride safe and throw a tidbit to the seals for me :D

Thanks, Dan in Yucca.

OOPS.....I luckily remembered its the Wifes Birthday this Saturday. I'm out for this one, Dang it! :glare:
Geesh Guy,and here I went out and got venison for breakfast!

The wife and I plan to depart SW Bakersfield toward Avila Beach via Hwy 58 around 10ish. Look forward to seeing y'all there. Especially you Mr. DeerCarver!

Weather should be great! Haven't wet my toes in the ocean in a long time!

Just one question: The secret to the deer strike is the follow thru, right? A Zen sorta ride right thru the deer. Right Mr. DeerCarver-san? Hopefully, we won't have to find out!

I might just take the 41 to the 101 instead of the 46. It looked like fun the last time we caged it through there.

hmm, lets see..

rub on tats - check!

black beanie helmet - check!

open pipes - double check!

mullet clip on - check!

wife beater shirt - check!

$1,000 worth of leather and $12.50 helmet - check!

truck and trailer to haul the hawg - check and double check!

I'm ready to rock with the feejer boyz! :yahoo: :rolleyes: :yahoo:

Bob, Gunny! on 41 from 46. Keep the giggles down and watch the blind corners and rises.

All: NWS is calling for high winds tomorrow. Be careful in the normally windy canyons and passes. Also, you riders coming in from the south of Carpinteria plan on some 101N traffic From the Rincon to Summerland, due to the Avocado Festival in Carp.

hmm, lets see..
rub on tats - check!

black beanie helmet - check!

open pipes - double check!

mullet clip on - check!

wife beater shirt - check!

$1,000 worth of leather and $12.50 helmet - check!

truck and trailer to haul the hawg - check and double check!

I'm ready to rock with the feejer boyz! :yahoo: :rolleyes: :yahoo:
Who is going to be the first to post pictures? This, we HAVE to see. You haven't shaved in a week or so, right? and you've got the grubby bandana in place. :lol:

Jill

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: (INSERT SEVERAL OBSCENE CUSS WORDS HERE) :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I can't go. Dammit.

Say hi to Yogi and RTJohn. They are the guys I was gonna ride over with. :cray:

Yogi is on a black ST1300 and John a red Beemer 1200RT.

See you all next time around.

Bob, Gunny! on 41 from 46. Keep the giggles down and watch the blind corners and rises.

All: NWS is calling for high winds tomorrow. Be careful in the normally windy canyons and passes. Also, you riders coming in from the south of Carpinteria plan on some 101N traffic From the Rincon to Summerland, due to the Avocado Festival in Carp.
Bob must have meant 41 to the 1... can't see why he'd ever take the 46 from Clovis to 101?

41 and 46 are the same road for a ways, but split up east of Paso. I may go all the way to the 1 instead of just to the 101 before heading South, but that entails riding through SLO city streets. Might not be worth the trade-off, but 41 from 101 to 1 is a nice section when heading for Morro Bay.

Great ride and great to meet some new people. I got home 5:30 pm safe and sound. TWN and i got lucky Don you didnt get all the deer. I missed one today by 20 feet or so 5 mph faster id been done for ...

Close only counts in horse shoes and hand granades....

anyone would like pictures PM with email I will send them to you.

Jdog