Members Pets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2315.JPG

Here's my 2 kids, Koa (left) 14 y/o and Kalani (right) 12 y/o. where do the years go? I remember when they were just puppys.

Last edited by a moderator:
LA56.15519662-1-pn.jpg

This is Joseph who is one of a number of Looziana Basset Rescue doggies needing both a temporary foster home and someone to adopt him to his permanent loving home.

We are seriously considering fostering Joseph and are waiting to hear when his stitches have been removed and incision healed up enough for him to be active.

Joseph would be our 7th foster since Katrina in 2005. Barkley, our 6th, left us to join an uptown couple and be the companion of Claire who also was adopted from the rescue. Buford, our 5th, also was adopted by an uptown family and 3 days later, we received Barkley who was kenneled for months waiting for someone to take him in. Barkley left us Dec 23rd, and we thought we'd take a break while our floor was replaced - old carpet to new ceramic that looks like wood. Well, if I go to the rescue web sight and see those lonely faces of doggies abandoned, abused, or lonely through no fault of their own, I'm greatly moved.

I guess we're called to minister to doggies and the basset rescue seems to have chosen us to be involved. We've lost two of our fosters from disease and heart worm treatments, but are buoyed that they were severely neglected or abused, but the last months of their lives, they were very happy, and different personalities and doggies when they learned they could trust us and count on us. Rosie, our first, ran for the first time 2 months after she came here when she trusted she could play with our other two dogs, and that we wouldn't ever hurt her and only wanted to love her. Plus, for good or bad, there seems to always be other dogs needing a foster and I've tried to get another dog soon after the previous one leaves. Our first and only thought is: what is best for our guy or girl and to always look at it all from their point of view...serve them, not us.

So Joseph, we are here for you, we feel you are calling to us...and when you are "finished" with your neuter, come on down !

(oh, someone sent me the list of what 10 things dogs will say to God when they get to heaven. I only remember the number one which is a question: "Lord, can I have my testicles back ??? !!! " )

https://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaype...?petid=15519662

I give to you.... "Sumo the Wonder Dog". Pure breed Akita from... you guessed it... Japan!
selftimerexperiment_0008.jpg

Bananas!

This is Anthrax. We found her half dead starving on our property about the time of the Postal anthrax scares so I gave her that name. The wife has since changed it to Annie. We didn't mind taking her in as she had short hair. We never wanted along hair cat. After a tune up, good food, and a several months she grew into the fatest furriest thing going. This cat was so malnurished her hair didn't grow. She is a Norwegian Forest Cat.

100_0076.jpg

This is Chee Chee. He was found in the corner of the garage behind a cupboard about 6 months old. Starving. When we first took him in he liked to eat Cheetos so hence the name. He is.....ugh........a cat.

100_0068.jpg

I got Cali 4 years ago from a friend who moved into the city. Cali is NOT a dog that enjoyed the city life, so my friend gave her to me. Cali joined me with her life long companion Abbey. Both are 7 years old and living the good life now, with the run of the woods, and house. Cali has been a great companion as well as a very impressing guard dog. (Had a run in with a pick pocket at a dog park)

If only I could take Cali on the FJR.

caliweb.jpg
caliweb2.jpg
abbeyweb.jpg

LA56.15519662-1-pn.jpg

This is Joseph who is one of a number of Looziana Basset Rescue doggies needing both a temporary foster home and someone to adopt him to his permanent loving home.

We are seriously considering fostering Joseph and are waiting to hear when his stitches have been removed and incision healed up enough for him to be active.

Joseph would be our 7th foster since Katrina in 2005. Barkley, our 6th, left us to join an uptown couple and be the companion of Claire who also was adopted from the rescue. Buford, our 5th, also was adopted by an uptown family and 3 days later, we received Barkley who was kenneled for months waiting for someone to take him in. Barkley left us Dec 23rd, and we thought we'd take a break while our floor was replaced - old carpet to new ceramic that looks like wood. Well, if I go to the rescue web sight and see those lonely faces of doggies abandoned, abused, or lonely through no fault of their own, I'm greatly moved.

I guess we're called to minister to doggies and the basset rescue seems to have chosen us to be involved. We've lost two of our fosters from disease and heart worm treatments, but are buoyed that they were severely neglected or abused, but the last months of their lives, they were very happy, and different personalities and doggies when they learned they could trust us and count on us. Rosie, our first, ran for the first time 2 months after she came here when she trusted she could play with our other two dogs, and that we wouldn't ever hurt her and only wanted to love her. Plus, for good or bad, there seems to always be other dogs needing a foster and I've tried to get another dog soon after the previous one leaves. Our first and only thought is: what is best for our guy or girl and to always look at it all from their point of view...serve them, not us.

So Joseph, we are here for you, we feel you are calling to us...and when you are "finished" with your neuter, come on down !

(oh, someone sent me the list of what 10 things dogs will say to God when they get to heaven. I only remember the number one which is a question: "Lord, can I have my testicles back ??? !!! " )

https://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaype...?petid=15519662
We did foster Joe Joe as my Emily called him for 2 weeks when a retired lady vet spyed him on the internet as her sweet elderly basset passed on. That doggie also was adopted from the Looziana Basset rescue. Joseph is now living in uptown Nawlins' with another girlie basset to keep him company.

So today I got a call that a family had turned in their elderly 9 yr old basset named Ellie to a kill shelter in Houma, LA. Workers at shelters know rescue contacts by breed and because Ellie was a senior doggie, they gave her 5 days to be adopted or be put down. The shelter was overflowing with over 200 animals. So Ellie was brought into the rescue from death row, tested for health, and found heartworm negative and healthy. We picked her up today after the rescue's vet had given her a bath. Welcome Ellie Mae as we call her.

she just woke up from a deep sleep here:

4361258179_5d57230dba.jpg

4361258183_c1bd453365.jpg

Good thing I don't live closer. I would be stealing some of your Bassets. I'm on my sixth one.

NOTHING is cuter than a lab puppy !
Not even Old Michael? OM's going to be crushed! All Labrador Retrievers are cute! I'm typing this with my 9-year old Lab Bear here, asleep with his head on my feet.
Who would know? Who ever SEES him? He doesn't join group rides and his photos are photochopped - by his own hand.

So.....the answer to your question (IMNSHO) is "no!" B)

1.5 year old we rescued. Believe she is a blonde border collie named Marmalade. Prettiest dog and so smart.

2347_1093380169555_1078059014_320361_8736_n.jpg

n1078059014_193668_2751.jpg

6773_623869558880_63902156_36520710_6448172_n.jpg

6773_623871944100_63902156_36520846_2897415_n.jpg

n63902156_35325833_2182.jpg

Getting into trouble

n1078059014_197833_6555.jpg

13534_639111987930_63902156_37121525_2417898_n.jpg

I guess I couldn't pick just one of her.

And my fish tanks, here's my 150 gallon, and I have a few snakes too.

14532_638375668520_63902156_37100838_2488874_n.jpg

14532_638375718420_63902156_37100848_5809434_n.jpg

Thanks for viewing... till next time!

20445_1310816445326_1078059014_979360_6659544_n.jpg

We got 2 "kids".

Lifu, a nearly 2 year old brindle Lab/Boxer mix who pretends she's a miner in the backyard, lol.

IMG_0371.JPG

And Psycho...dunno what mix he is, but I've had him with me since the late '90's and he's too old to give a damn. :D

IMG_0011.jpg

These two DO NOT get along. Lifu's simply too "playful" (i.e. big) for Psycho's liking. They do enjoy having staring contests though, lol.