Members Pets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when each want the blanket...

4421789603_7bb642e424.jpg

4421789613_477169c757.jpg

We found snakes and cats don't mix...sorry Fluffy...

4039297520_b858f3410a.jpg

So besides our formal pet, we are very blessed with many other pets too.
Hey Test! When I saw those parrots and cockatoos coming to your feeders, I had to look to see where you live ! They're fabulous!!

But.... the snake got into your house ?! Ugh !! :(

We found snakes and cats don't mix...sorry Fluffy...
That's just plain awful... I just hope you gave this f'n snake what it deserves...

I'm glad we only have all these little black gardener snakes around here, the only things they get are mice and insects, no worries about our pets. Phew!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 4 dogs, 3 cats, 5 crested geckos and a 24 gal. salt water aquarium.
Love them all, wouldn't trade them for anything!!
So what's the secret of domestic harmony, with dogs and cats in the same house? We have three cats, who have ruled the roost forever. Last fall, we brought a rather boisterous puppy home. He's calming down a bit now but he's a big guy. Dog and cats cannot be in the same room at the same time.

Suggestions from any of the multi-pet households out there?
best when the dogs are there first, then the cat

declaw the cat, and then no harm when they "slap" the dog to assert themselves.

my dawgs don't go within a paw's length of Lady anymore because the pop of a cat's right hook hurts their nose

Black labs and all retrievers are on my short list for wonderful pets.
This is Reggie - named by her first family who's college was the Rajun Cajuns and they called her Rajun.

She's 14.5 now (she's been here 12 years) and has slowed down physically and eye sight and hearing but still catches food and defends herself from the other two younsters (basset Jenni and Walker coon dawg Walker) in the house.

She's quite old for a lab and has lotsa gray hairs which used to be black. We got Jenni when we thought Reggie was in her last year, but the other dawgs have caused her to be much more active and I believe that has lengthened her life and quality thereof.

She's the "queen" of the house fa sur...

4229274648_201efb901f_o.gif
I have to put Reggie down today... <sigh>
she went quite peacefully; and believe me when I say it's a big help to have 3 other doggies to hug and caress after the fact

best distraction and filling of the hole in the heart is quite tempered by that fact
4434781933_6fd190f165.jpg

the AIW and I watched "Marley and Me" last night for the first time

this is Reggie's very last pic...she's sitting in the van just before being driven to the vet

I've not been able to pull it up from my IPhone till now

Life goes on and it is good

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'