Middle of the road($) Flip face helmet options...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joker,

Ya, mine is really stiff. When opening the shield the force wants to raise my head skyward. I am getting use to pushing my head forward when raising the shield(like I had to do with my Icon, when it was new). I am not complaining, I like it this way. Also, have your friend check to make sure their is no gap at the top where the shield meets the helmet. There shouldn't be.. If the shield isn't in correctly there might be a gap. I don't know if mine is rigid because it is so new, But I bet it will loosen over time. I was very careful when I installed it, so it would operate correctly and not break any plastic tabs.

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised noone has mentioned the Schuberth line of flip-ups. I had the original Concept1 for 4 years, removeable, washable interior, sizable cheek pads, extremely scratch resistant shield, internal flip-down sun visor, average airflow, noise, overall quality better than any but premium Japanese. Was $399 4 years ago.
I got a Schuberth once and it was the noisiest piece o'crap I ever had. I loved all the features but it was too noisy to wear even with earplugs in. There was some sort of medical info pouch on one side that just tripped the airflow like a bitch, and the seam on the other side wasn't much better. It was so incredibly noisy I would say mine was faulty, but I couldn't see how it was put together wrong, if it was.