Mirror Type

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epoche

Reaction score
At WeSTOC in San Luis Obispo a ST rider had mirror overlays from Multivex Mirrors

(https://www.multivexmirror.com/products7.php?refID=)

that covered the traditional blind spot.

Look like an excellent product. However, their web page shows the FJR having the short mounting arm, while the FZ1 is listed with the long.

Based on the dimensions of the mirrors it looks like the FJR 2005 has the long mounting arm. I placed a call to Multivex and got the president, inventor, Mr. Mc Cord who instructed me on how to make an impression of the mirror size/shape. I have mailed that off to him via slow mail and will await his call re ordering.

Anyone know if the mirrors for the FJR were switched from the short to long mounting arm?

No changes. Fjr mirrors are the same all years. FZ-1 mirrors are longer and angle out more. That's why it a popular farkle for many to install the FZ mirrors on their FJR.

A long, long, time ago, many around here bought those multivex mirrors.

The FZ-1 mirrors on the FJR are the best rear view I've ever had on 2 wheels. Really wide angle.

I f----- up and bought a $50 "deal" on ebay, though. Turned out I got Emgo knock-offs of FZ-1 mirrors. They work fine, but still... :angry:

Get the genuine Yamaha FZ-1 mirrors.

You won't be disappointed.

See Gary at University Motors for the best price and service.

The oe Feej mirrors work good for me. Even with risers, my short arms don't obstruct the view enough to put them curb feelers on....... :D

Being a charter member of the "wide body" club, I looooove my FZ-1 mirrors. I got very tired of looking at my elbows, now I can actually see the space behind me.

Of course, they aren't for everybody as some find them a bit "gawky", but I'm more interested in seeing behind me. Thanks to "Sharp" for the idea in the first place.

I've got stock mirrors and have had no problems seeing through them but if I ran out of other farkeles (Yea, Right) I would go with the FZ1 mirrors.

So, since they also seem to offer mirrors for the FZ1, has anyone gone for the double combo damage and fitted the multivexes on their FZ1 mirrors (mounted on the FJR, of course)?

I have the multi-vex mirrors on FZ1 mirrors on my FJR. They work terrific. They give the best rear view that I've ever had. That said, they are ugly. I like the looks of the stock FJR mirrors better. I prefer to ride the bike rather than look at it, so they do not bother me much. If I ever have some spare time, I might bust out the FZ glass and try to install the multi-vex glass into the housing. Has anyone tried this?