Missing mud flap on 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevec677

Reaction score
So what is the deal on the missing mud flap that protects the rear shock? Has your dealer ordered one for you at no charge? Is it even available from Yamaha?

So what is the deal on the missing mud flap that protects the rear shock? Has your dealer ordered one for you at no charge? Is it even available from Yamaha?
Good question. Has Yam acknowledged this should have been put on? I haven't seen anything that says they have.

**UPDATE**

Talked to Yam customer service and compared parts schematics. All year FJRs EXCEPT 2013 show this little flap. According to the Yamaha parts fiche, this part doesn't exist for the 2013. It's $10.49 for a 2012 and previous and is part # 5JW-21621-10-00,

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke to my dealer today. He is going to research it. He said if it is on the 2013 parts listing, then Yamaha should have supplied it.

Mine is still on order, though I have not yet missed it, since we've had snow al week
cry.gif

I can not believe they didn't put one of those things on the '13. That shouldn't be even remotely considered a cost saving measure. That's damn near essential. Idiots!

No such part for '13, and the '12 flaps are on backorder and won't be available till early next month/Feb.

I had my dealer order one for me.. $10.. it came in a day later.. e-z on..

I haven't seen any US dealer listing a hugger for the FJR.. I presume it's a Pyramid plastics hugger.. same makers as the Fenda Extenda...which is sold here, but no hugger.

I had my dealer order one for me.. $10.. it came in a day later.. e-z on..
I haven't seen any US dealer listing a hugger for the FJR.. I presume it's a Pyramid plastics hugger.. same makers as the Fenda Extenda...which is sold here, but no hugger.
Actually i came from Greece via Ebay....

and yes it does have the predrilled holes.

R

I had my dealer order one for me.. $10.. it came in a day later.. e-z on.. I haven't seen any US dealer listing a hugger for the FJR.. I presume it's a Pyramid plastics hugger.. same makers as the Fenda Extenda...which is sold here, but no hugger.
Actually i came from Greece via Ebay....and yes it does have the predrilled holes.R
Thanks!