Missing mud flap on 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a hunk of shag ripped outta my 67 VW Microbus!!!
biggrin.png
biggrin.png
biggrin.png
I'm pretty sure that's not what it is, there are no burn holes from the seeds and no body fluid stains.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

At my age, the only difference between now and then is the source of the fluids!

My 2013 does not have it, and it was bought at the same dealer as AKjitsu and only a day or two apart. Weird!

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up #340 2 week ago. Noticed right away that there was no flap. My dealer place 2 on order that day. I should receive it tomorrow, no charge. I rode home 60 miles on wet roads with no flap- What a mess, compared to my Gen I.

Look HERE and I'm pretty sure you'll see the mini-fender flap everyone DIDN'T get is #34 in the picture.

You guys got screwed!!!

(but I COULD be wrong!)

Just a few months in and I'm ever so glad I'm a broke fuk and can't afford this POS.

5 faults I count to date on what? a dozen bikes?

I think this platform is doomed.

Looked at the 2013 parts list compared to a 2012 parts list and it don’t even show it on the 2013. ??? How do they think you can get by with out it?

Following Fairlaners lead and ordering a hugger.

Picked up #340 2 week ago. Noticed right away that there was no flap. My dealer place 2 on order that day. I should receive it tomorrow, no charge. I rode home 60 miles on wet roads with no flap- What a mess, compared to my Gen I.
My dealer called Yamaha to see if I could get one free, and was told no, I would have to order one ( 2012) and pay...$ 10.14....I got one on the bike now.

I can not believe they didn't put one of those things on the '13. That shouldn't be even remotely considered a cost saving measure. That's damn near essential. Idiots!
I wouldn't say it's "essential" all bikes don't have them so it can't be that important, and many bikes have the shock positioned there.

My dealer called Yamaha to see if I could get one free, and was told no, I would have to order one ( 2012) and pay...$ 10.14....I got one on the bike now.

Wow, what an easy solution. Wisdom has come with all those years my friend!

I can not believe they didn't put one of those things on the '13. That shouldn't be even remotely considered a cost saving measure. That's damn near essential. Idiots!
I wouldn't say it's "essential" all bikes don't have them so it can't be that important, and many bikes have the shock positioned there.
You could be blinded and crash due to road skank being tossed past where the flap is..Then you might end up with x's in yer eyes..

You could be blinded and crash due to road skank being tossed past where the flap is..Then you might end up with x's in yer eyes..
LOL yeah right!!!
laugh.png