Most AE miles?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uctofeej

Master of Random Thought
Reaction score
Several noobs post asking about the AE and whether we like it. Part of that question is about durability of the clutch system, so I thought it might be interesting to post total miles (and just point 'em to this thread when they ask).

Soooooo, who's got the AE feej with the mostest? And how many clutch-related parts have you had to replace? How often does the clutch fall out at stoplights? Every 5K or 10K?

My feej is still in its rookie year with 8,500 miles. No clutch explosions yet...

(Eh, I haven't asked NEPRT or a dogpile question in a long time...)

Several noobs post asking about the AE and whether we like it. Part of that question is about durability of the clutch system, so I thought it might be interesting to post total miles (and just point 'em to this thread when they ask).
Soooooo, who's got the AE feej with the mostest? And how many clutch-related parts have you had to replace? How often does the clutch fall out at stoplights? Every 5K or 10K?

My feej is still in its rookie year with 8,500 miles. No clutch explosions yet...

I've got 300 miles on mine. No new clutch yet.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Only 300 miles on an 06!

Oh my gawd, Burndog is in for some competition.

4300 miles and no replacement or repair yet. Unless you count the new ECU. but all FJRs got that.

turbodave's got the lead with 26K.

C'mon folks, SkooterG has more miles on his bike than we do combined. :( Gotta be more than that around this joint.

I've got just over 21k on mine, but in all fairness, I lost the bike from mid July to early September last year due to a failure in the main wiring harness. I would certainly have made it over 25k if it hadn't been out of action for over a month and a half in the middle of the summer. But to address the initial question, not so much as a hiccup from the clutch, and I've never worried about it. The truth is, I'm guessing I was harder on the clutches on my manual clutch FJR's than the auto clutch is.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is an noob? I might be one, but not sure. :) I'd hate to miss a title because I didn't know the meaning and then again it might be something I'd like to use in the future. :)

I kinda figured the reliability issue would come with the replies of those that wouldn't buy one again. This thread has been informative as well and has given me more help in my future decision.

What is an noob? I might be one, but not sure. :) I'd hate to miss a title because I didn't know the meaning and then again it might be something I'd like to use in the future. :)
I kinda figured the reliability issue would come with the replies of those that wouldn't buy one again. This thread has been informative as well and has given me more help in my future decision.
noob = common Internet slang for newbie

I posed the question to help folks who are considering an AE. There have been many questions about the reliability, but the reality is that no one here has reported a clutch system failure here yet. So, if we can demonstrate that many folks are riding the heck out of their bikes with no problems, hopefully, we can alleviate some fears about it.

18.5K Six clutches and 48 sets of rear tires from all the burnouts :evilgrin:
Cdog, how many of those are track miles?

Brodie and silverbullet, now I'm just jealous of all your riding time. :jealoussmiley:

18.5K Six clutches and 48 sets of rear tires from all the burnouts :evilgrin:
Cdog, how many of those are track miles?

Brodie and silverbullet, now I'm just jealous of all your riding time. :jealoussmiley:
Only 4 hours of track time so about 200 miles.. I have been through about 6 sets of tires. Mostly because I ran Powers for a couple of sets and they are only good for 2500 miles if a person pushes them at all

. Now I am on PRoiad 2CT.. So far, so good