MOST EXPENSIVE BULB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Man.... there I was, minding my own business, just dropped by Desert Valley Powersports to pick up a front right turn-signal light... this bulb here:

sidelight.jpg

And while I was there, I got what this bulb box is sitting on....

Day1.jpg

All-new for 2008 Suzuki GSX-R1300 Hayabusa in charcoal and dark-gray!

Just taken out of the crate and wheeled onto the showroom floor 10 minutes before I arrive to pick up the turn-signal bulb. 0.0 miles on the odometer. It hadn't even been entered in the store's inventory yet! Sold.

Holy fucking shit, people, I just wanted a bulb, really..... :blink:

frontqtr.jpg

Piggyback-style headlamp ala the Blackbird. H7 low-beam on top, H9 Projector High Beam on bottom.

nose.jpg

The twin factory bazooka canisters hold monster catalytic converters (mega-weight and heat). They're outta here. I see a 4-2-1 Akrapovic Titanium system in my future.

alienass.jpg

These deeply rich carbon-fiber tank protection pads add 5 horsepower put to ground. True story.

cf_tank.jpg

I got the uber-deluxe package; comes with a hot blond. Yowser. :lol: (Thank god my bride approves...! ;)

HotBabe_ft.jpg

Bike it not 24 hours off the showroom floor. Rode it 25 miles home, changed oil/filter, and ran it up and down the canyons for 100 miles.

Damn shame I have to work in the morning..... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Remind me to never go parts shopping with you..! ;) Very nice. Very nice indeed!! Congrats, man! (and the bike's not so bad either!!) :p

Wow...is that an "everlasting" light bulb? :unsure: Or a "fast burning" light bulb? :rolleyes:

:clapping: Congratulations! :clapping:

Is something else leaving the garage, or does your bride think your growing collection is "just fine"? AND, what is THAT going to cost? New carpet? Re-done kitchen? Sparkly jewelry? All worth it, of course!

Is something else leaving the garage, or does your bride think your growing collection is "just fine"?
Had to make a major sacrifice to score the Heavy Bus.... the R1 had to be traded-in. :( Only one bike payment allowed at a time, max rules. :huh:

damn i am jealous <_< i told my wife last week i needed a busa for the rides she did'nt want to go on :mellow: then this weekend we went for a 500 mile ride and i had to point out each busa we saw B) great looking bike war :good: have fun ...

khrome

It is a good looking bike though. Well, from the front and side. Never been keen on the rear of a Busa. Probably cuz that's about the only view I ever get of one! :)

Good move WC. The 08 has the new changes that make for an exceptional contest between a ZX-14 no? Very nice! Oh, and be safe will ya...pleeeeze. PM. :D <><

:dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

And your top speed is...wait til it is broke in first, then we want a report with pictures :lol:

I am so envious. Just read the comparo of a genI Busa and GenII Busa in MOTORCYCLIST last night and I want one......but already have a bike payment and I'm not giving up the FJR! I am so damn drooling!!!!!! Great impulse buy my man.......

Well, with the R1 trade in, this kind of light bulb shopping actually makes some sense (to some of us, anyway). The new old '02 XX decked out for the LD chores, the FJR dedicated to commuting, and the new Busa for scaring up all the radar guns in Washington for which the calibration has not been properly documented! Or was that for riding on weekend jaunts up the volcanoes while the other 2 are being devoted to or prepped for their assigned duties?

Did you trade the R1 in as fully farkled, or are their aftermarket cans, wheels and other niceties now for sale on the R1 forum?

Nice score WC!! Are your arms a little longer yet?

LOL, Nice!!!!!

...so now you have the japanese tri-fecta in the garage. (zuk, yam, ho) ...and they're all well over a liter

Congrat's on the new purchase.

Wow, now I don't feel so bad. I picked up a 08 ZX14 on a impulse buy this weekend.

Do you plan on Rallying the Busa ?