MOST EXPENSIVE BULB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I have to agree with the ones calling you a bastard, and I think this phrase has passed it's prime:

[SIZE=14pt]YOU DA MAN![/SIZE]

Congratulations!

So I gotta ask WC, how much 'extra' wattage does the new Busa have anyway? Does it have enough to run electric riding gear, aux lights, radar detector, GPS, and XM radio? You know, purely for the sake of conversation.... :whistle:

wall_2046_1024.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

Light bulbs cost more than tires, who woulda think :rolleyes:

So I gotta ask WC, how much 'extra' wattage does the new Busa have anyway? Does it have enough to run electric riding gear, aux lights, radar detector, GPS, and XM radio? You know, purely for the sake of conversation.... :whistle:
Heh.... no, no, no, no, no....... not gonna go down this road on the Heavy Bus. :nono: Still have the XX for this duty.

Besides... I have no idea what the alternator output is on this beast, but if Suzuki holds true to their stator builds ala the V-Strom, I don't really expect much.

And the two current ergo issues I am having with the bike would significantly impact any LD work until they are corrected.

All that having been said.... there are, in fact, SIX (6) excellent hard mounting points under that rear pillion hump..... :whistle:

Well if you happen to find out the stator output of the Bus, lemme know... I umm... know a guy who's always wanted one... and umm... would like to know.

So, did you call in "sick" yesterday or what? Bike looks good. Have fun with it.
David
That IS the million dollar question. It's gotta be tough to be at work knowing that a new bike like that is just sitting idle at home. As I always say .... sometimes work can be a real inconvenience.

that's the way i got my fjr,,, went to south jackson yamaha to pick up a 10$ part,,, there sat this beautiful silver fjr. want to ride it, mr. williams??? yeah,, i do. rode that sucker home that day. congrats on your new purchase,,,ride safe.

wouldn't the biggest issue with ANY Busa additions be doing them so they don't unbalance the air stream? isn't it's whole raison d'etre it's ability to punch through the air to reach max velocity?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to just dislike you, now I friggin HATE you! I'm so jealous. How can you do this to us poor bastards who can only keep one bike in the garage.....(boat's in the way). Looks nice. I trust we'll get a complete write up on it soon. Be safe.

That IS the million dollar question. It's gotta be tough to be at work knowing that a new bike like that is just sitting idle at home.
Oh, it's even worse than that....

I ride it to work, and it sits not too far outside my office window.

I go out and drool on it periodically. My co-workers don't even blink at this anymore... they know all about my motocyclene addiction. ;)

It's usually in the 30's when I depart for work on the bike at 5:30 am. The Heavy Bus is proving to be sub-optimal as a winter bike..... :blink:

Hey, nice light bulb. Maybe I should go bulb shopping. (Looking for a way to get to Kali and back in the time I have available). Light speed is a nice name for a bike, too...

It seems like the last time I was drooling over a bike it was a red R1 parked in, well, lessee, exactly that spot.

Cheers.

You know, until someone mentioned it above, I failed to ralize that it was buying a tire that put me on my FJR. Walked into the dealer in Carson City to get a rear tire for my '97 XX. New '05 sitting on floor, and I sat on it, having coveted one for a couple years and liking the blue even better. Next morning, I was an FJR owner. I guess you have to frequent a site like this to get that kind of understanding and empathy, WC. I'd be drooling over that new Busa out in the parking lot more than I'd be working.

I actually *tried* to trade in the Blackbird for it (since that are essentially the same platform), but I didn't even make it 5 miles towards the dealership before it was waaaaay apparent this was a bad idea. The Blackbird has to stay. It's part of my soul.
And there is no way, no how I am giving up the FJR.

Didn't leave much choice... the R1 is the only bike with a outstanding loan on it, so.... that was that.

why the Busa over the already farkled and personalized R1?
You know, I can't really answer that. The R1 was so very, VERY cool, and the body lines are to die for. Yet..... this Gen II Heavy Bus has its own siren song for me. If it had been that gay-ass orange/black color, I might have walked right by it. Maybe. But not this gorgeous black/dark gray. Definitely a Warchild-like color scheme. ;)

Did you trade the R1 in as fully farkled, or are their aftermarket cans, wheels and other niceties now for sale on the R1 forum?
I actually have to go back to Desert Valley Powersports this evening to rip off all the farkles and return it to stock. The Carrozzeria wheels went back a long time ago (plating issues). So tonight, I just have to remove/replace the Pazzo levers, Wilbers steering damper, FJRGoodies Bar End Weights, R&G sliders, ABM rotors, etc.

Won't that also take the place of the Blackbird?
It should.... but apparently, it's not going to.....

Do you plan on Rallying the Busa ?
It makes little sense to do so... the XX is fully decked out for this tasking.

Too, the Busa has some ergo issues to be worked out.... the reach to the bars is just too long. Not horrendously so, but... the arms are almost locked straight during normal riding. I'm praying Heli-Bars comes through for me.

Another rather significant issue (for me) is the stock footpeg height. Holy crap, these damn things are high. Really high. R1-like high. Makes me wonder about the accuracy of the stated 31.7" seat height. That's about the same as the Blackbird, but I am flat-footing this Busa considerably more than the XX. Okay, the knees aren't quite in my chest during my normal riding stance, it's not too far from it. Need to look into this some more.

Damn, this motor is like glass. Not quite as creamy-smooth as the Blackbird's inline-4, but very, VERY close. Riding the FJR back-to-back with the 'Busa, the vibes on the FJR seem more pronounced than what was noticed previously. Not a knock on the FJR; this is a compliment to what the Suzuki engineers have accomplished. 1340cc's is a big, big motor... a reported 179 horses at the crank. Yowser.
Actually its closer to 200 hp at the crank. The new Busa is about 175 at the wheel.

Oh, damn! I just saw this thread... Jebus H. Crispies! That's the fuckin' ugliest thing on two wheels currently in production today. Really. I'm not kidding. Having said that, and seeing as how I own a VStrom, I wish I could put one in my garage.

*...and he walked away, hands in pockets, scuffing his feet, mumbling something about bastards...*

:p

EVERYBODY droolin' over the bike! ANY squid can buy a 'busa...and most do! :)

SHEESH!!!

MY question is, how does an ex-rassler-lookin'-ol-bastage like you score such an outstanding looking woman?

(she blind?) :rofl: