Mother of All Mexico Dirt Bike Rides - March in 2015!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591641&highlight=Huasteca+Potosina Fantastic Huasteca Potosina Ride Report, our Mexico ride destination!

"On the way to CASCADA DE TAMUL, some dirt! Good!!"
DSCN6162.jpg

DSCN6165.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This Moto Discovery Video highlights the ride Brian "El Jefe" Boles and BeemerDonS rode a few years ago: Real de Catorce - El Pueblo Magico!

Nice to see Chris back.

Have been off the forum myself for a while.

I don't think I will make this. Like the RZR side by side

riding much more. I don't fall off of it. JSNS

Tucson Joe (Joe)

I don't think I will be able to.

By the time I deside all spots will be taken.

I don't think I will be able to. By the time I deside all spots will be taken.
No way Jose, all previous Mexico Moto Veterans will be included! Since you are deaf you can room with me again and my loud snoring, if you should lose your sense of smell you can room with yamafitter and his nasty ass Polish Kielbasa Farts! jes' sayin' and nuff said! Sent this to MotoDiscovery- Skip:

Yo Skip, were you going to use a support truck/van for our Real y Huasteca ride? If so, would it be a problem if a small trailer with a RZR was towed behind?

My Good Friend Joe and my room mate on the Copper Canyon trip severely fractured his ankle on his Gold Wing last year, so these days he's riding his RZR!

"Nice to see Chris back.

Have been off the forum myself for a while.

I don't think I will make this. Like the RZR side by side

riding much more. I don't fall off of it. JSNS

Tucson Joe (Joe)"

Don StanleyChandler, AZ 85225

Thank you for your quick response Skip, I actually own the small trailer that we would modify to pull Joe's RZR. Tucson Joe is a long time Mexico hand!

Copied the Montana Boys Phil and Ken with this, would be nice to see the Big Sky Cowboys make a return to Real de Catorce with we Zonie Desert Rats.

Don StanleyChandler, AZ 85225

-----Original Message-----
To: Don Stanley <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, Jan 16, 2014 8:28 am
Subject: Re: Yo Skip, were you going to use a support truck/van for our Real y Huasteca ride? If so, would it be a problem if a small trailer with a RZR was towed behind?

Hi Don,

Yes the plan is to have support. In fact I have a need for a 4X4 pickup and am looking this week.

Pulling a trailer with the RZR is fine however trailers tend not to do well off road. If he provides the trailer then I think it is something that can be accomplished. I was looking at an "overland" trailer that is suited for unpaved off road environments. Depending on the cost I may add one one of those into our equipment line up by then.

I'll be giving a serious look at itinerary in March when things calm down here a bit.

Hope all is well in your world Don. Looking forward to seeing you!

Saludos,
Skip Mascorro

ScreenShot2013-11-06at21210PM.png

685 Persimmon Hill
Bulverde, TX 78163
Toll Free USA & Canada 1(800) 233-0564
PH (830) 438-7744
[email protected]
www.motodiscovery.com

If you wish to Join Our Mailing List, please click on the link below:

https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=eijyfhdab&p=oi&m=1102973773060

This now sounds douable. We will have to see if it can be worked out. Are they legal in Mexico?

Joe

Hey Don...I have a 4x4 truck with a trailer hitch!!
AJ if you were interested in going I would get you together with Skip Mascorro of Moto Discovery to see if he would work out a reduced discount rate for your truck use, with your Spanish language skills he may have you be a fellow Tour Guide ese!

This now sounds douable. We will have to see if it can be worked out. Are they legal in Mexico?
Joe
If you have an Arizona or New Mexico license plate currently on your RZR, I would think it would be legal in Mexico. Once we were en La Frontera, I don't think any La Policia would say anything. I'll see if Skip knows about the legality of RZR's on Mexican roads, I know down in Sonora Estado I have seen the locals driving everything imaginable out on the highways!

Don, it is street legal in AZ.

Joe

Wow I didn't know that RZR are street legal is some states. That would be a cool vehicle to ride around on. What kind gas mileage do you get?
Here in Arizona we can get away with anything legally out on the road, I've an electric golf cart I keep at my vacation home at the Islander Resort in Lake Havasu City, believe it or not I could get a license plate for it if I wanted. That's what makes getting a Yamaha WR450 a plate so easy, Big-D said it was a real cake walk!

Chris, the mileage is not good. Anywhere between 12 to 17 mpg. Joe
Uh oh, that's not good Joe! How large is your fuel tank? If it's less than 10 gallons, you aren't going to make the Mexico stretches we'll be running!

Don, I always carry extra fuel.

I have gone 80 to 100 miles at a time on a tank.

How long are the day runs? I think I would be good with the extra fuel.

Don, I always carry extra fuel.
I have gone 80 to 100 miles at a time on a tank.

How long are the day runs? I think I would be good with the extra fuel.
When Brian "El Jefe" Boles and Papa Chuy Viejo rode to Real de Catorce the distance between fuel on seven of the days was 120 miles, however we had two days where the distance between fuel was 170 miles. BB and I have never ridden to Huasteca Potosina, so I don't know the distance between fuel stops there!