Mother of All Mexico Dirt Bike Rides - March in 2015!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back Road Bob: You do know that I will not miss this ride, even if I have to steal a Honda 90
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great itinerary Don... really looking forward to it!
Griff
You'll LOVE this Mexico dirt bike adventure Griff, Skip "El Jefe" Mascorro y Papa Chuy Viejo put a lot of thought and time into this routing. Spectacular scenery and rural roads ese!

What? No snow? Sheesh.....
What the heck are Billy Fitz and me gonna do?

Griff
Bring FJRGuy Jeff from Alberta, Canada along with you and I am hoping that yamafitter will drag along Bungie Sudbury Steve with him also, everyone is trailering their dirt machines to McAllen, TX. I just know Huron52 won't make this trip, Pam B. never lets him go anywhere!

Yeah, looking at either trailering down in April, or dropping the bike somewhere down south for the winter... plenty of time to work out the details.

Griff

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="canucklehead-biker" data-cid="1152766" data-time="1401979722"><p>

Yeah, looking at either trailering down in April, or dropping the bike somewhere down south for the winter... plenty of time to work out the details. <br />

<br />

Griff</p></blockquote>

You're welcome to keep it here in ATL. I'll take really good care of her.... :)

Hola mi Amigo Skip, Going to make a Command Decision: Dates for the "Mother of all Mexico Rides" will be March 9-18! Recuerdos, Papa Chuy Viejo

Don Stanley
Chandler, AZ 85225

-----Original Message-----
To: Don Stanley <[email protected]>
Sent: Tue, Jun 17, 2014 2:53 am
Subject: SUGGESTED DATES FOR MEXICO RIDE

Buen dia Don,

Wrapping up this outline for the ride. I don't see that we ever firmed up a date, at least in any e-mails.

I propose mid March. The weather can be ideal and we put some distance between the ride and the hectic Easter period.

I suggest we start on a Monday giving weekend for people to travel. With Monday start we'll be back across the border ten days later on a Wednesday.

DATES: March 9 -18

I can get this out to you right away if we agree on a date. From here in Istanbul I'm having difficulty making it "pretty" as I need photos and my adobe illustrator, but we can get some essentials out and make it look good later with photos, etc. Does that sound OK?

When we do our pre-run we will be doing some filming and can send out tasty video invitations in November to pick up anyone who may be sitting on the fence. I know this will be a fun ride.

From magical Istanbul.
Skip Mascorro
FOUNDER

685 Persimmon Hill
Bulverde, TX 78163
Toll Free USA & Canada 1(800) 233-0564
PH (830) 438-7744
[email protected]
www.motodiscovery.com
Click here to receive the Navigator Newsletter!

Our Friend Skip Mascorro, Owner and Founder of MotoDiscovery, has ridden his motorcycle from Istanbul to Chechnya; when he returns to Turkey next week he will finalize our Mexico ride, we can then send in our deposits to secure our spots on The Mother Of All Mexico Dirt Bike Rides! JSNS!

10488055_10152181742521762_8172307354410796551_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/skip.mascorro

Hi Don,

Thanks again for reaching out to wish me a Happy Birthday. Sixty two isn't that bad especially when you consider the alternative!

Don here is a link that you can send out to everyone with the details of the proposed ride next March. Sorry it has taken so long to get this to you but this is a new thing we have developed to specifically suit the needs for private/custom tours. People can make reservations directly off of this link.

https://www.motodiscovery.com/Huasteca-Mexico-Adventure-Expedition-Motorcycle-Tour

We're playing around with the photos a bit but you can send this out now if you like.

Just got back from a month running around Turkey, Rep. of Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Russia. Great ride with great people but good to be home. Heading to the BMW National on Wednesday (flying up).

Drop me a note if you have any questions. Hope to see you sometime soon Don...mil gracias caballero!

Skip Mascorro

ScreenShot2013-11-06at21210PM.png

685 Persimmon Hill
Bulverde, TX 78163
Toll Free USA & Canada 1(800) 233-0564
PH (830) 438-7744
[email protected]
www.motodiscovery.com

Click here to receive the Navigator Newsletter!

MotoDiscovery
FOR DETAILS, PRICING & BOOKING
(800) 233-0564
MOTORCYCLE TOURS TRAINING TRAVEL BLOGS CONTACT US
HUASTECA MEXICO ADVENTURE EXPEDITION MOTORCYCLE TOUR JOIN DON STANLEY ON THIS ONE-OF-A-KIND ADVENTURE!
10 DAYS AND 1,250 MILES OF RIDING IN MEXICO Around the Black Sea Ladakh High Himalayas Expedition
Tour Character
This is an adventure ride that will be a mix of paved touring and off road explorations. Off road riding should only be moderately challenging for the experienced, spirited and physically abled riding enthusiast. Some days will provide options to take the pavement or experience off road sections. As with any MotoDiscovery Expedition, teamwork and flexibility are essential.

So you want to see the REAL Mexico.
This ride is inspired by long time supporter, Don Stanley who has shared many roads with MotoDiscovery dating back to our dates as Pancho Villa Moto-Tours. His love of Mexico, passion for challenge and laid back attitude has always made for great contribution to the success and enjoyment of any tour.

Don collaborated with MotoDiscovery to create a ride through what could arguably be considered one of Mexico’s most beautiful ,yet overlooked regions, the Huasteca. This east central region is filled with geographcial diversity, a richness in history and native culture, and an opportunity to enjoy great riding both on and off the pavement. This area is highlighted by the most northern cloud forests in the hemisphere, the El Cielo Biosphere Reserve, a UNESCO sight that covers about 560 square miles reaching a peak altitude of 7,500 ft. above sea level.

One stop where we’ll be for two nights is the legendary Real de Catorce, a hidden away Colonial era mining town in the high altiplano, accessed only after riding through a one kilometer long tunnel after climbing up a 14 mile long hand laid cobble stone road. On exiting the tunnel it is like you have experienced passage into a time zone, set you clocks back two hundred years. Real de Catorce will invite exploration both on two wheels and walking the old streets of this revitalized once ghost town.

In the usual MotoDiscovery style this event will be supported by our great staff team, a 4X4 vehicle and driver will be employed to bring up the rear, and depending on the group size one to two riding staff will lead the way. Great food, the best available accommodations and the benefit of over 33 years of experience in Old Mexico guarantees this to be a great riding event.

Sign up soon. This one will fill fast. Don’t miss out on this pioneering event into the heart of Old Mexico. VAmanos muchachos!

3,389 USD
Add a passenger for 1,995 USD
Please call MotoDiscovery for upcoming tour dates and booking.

1 (800) 233-0564

Tour starts and ends in McAllen, TX.
10 days, 1,250 miles
Price doesn't include a motorcycle rental. You must bring your own motorcycle on this tour.
Roads are paved and suitable for riders on any style of motorcycle.
ItineraryWhat's IncludedFAQ
Day 1: McAllen, Texas
Day 2: Santiago
Day 3: Galeana
Day 4: Real de Catorce
Day 5: Real de Catorce
Day 6: Cielo Biosphere
Day 7: Huasteca
Day 8: Huasteca
Day 9: Hacienda Santa Engracia
Day 10: McAllen, TX
Motodiscovery International adventure motorcycle tours

For Details, Pricing & Booking Call (800) 233-0564
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
FOLLOW US
Facebook
YouTube
Travel Blog
News
MOTORCYCLE TOURS
View All Motorcycle ToursMotorcycle TrainingAlbaniaArgentinaArmeniaAzerbaijanBhutanBoliviaBulgariaChileColombiaCosta RicaCroatiaCubaEcuadorEgyptGeorgiaGreeceIndiaIranIsraelItalyJordanMacedoniaMexicoMoldovaMontenegroPalestinePeruRomaniaRussiaSloveniaTurkeyUkraineUnited States
FOLLOW US
NewsTravel BlogsFacebookYouTube
COMPANY
FAQOur StaffAbout UsContact UsRefund Policy
Site by [teknik]studios
Copyright © 2014 MotoDiscovery. All Rights Reserved.

In 24 hours "Mother of All Mexico Dirt Bikes Rides" is now one third sold out, only 8 spots remain. Here are the Manly Men with deposits in to MotoDiscovery:

1. canucklehead-biker

2. BeemerDonS

3. bbolesaz - BB

4. Back Road Bob

Don,

I called MD and had my name added to the list. I haven't committed with a deposit yet, because I'm waiting to get my leave approval from work. It shouldn't be a problem I just didn't want to take a chance.

Don,
I called MD and have my name on the list. I haven't committed with a deposit yet, because I'm waiting to I get my leave approved from work. It shouldn't be problem but I didn't want to take a chance.
Sounds great Chris, very glad to see you making the trip; the more Old Mexico Riding Hands with experience, the better this ride will be!

I was really surprised yamafitter - Billy Fitz hasn't sent in his deposit yet, but then I remembered that Tuesday is his Bikini Wax Spa day!

This Expedition is over March 9-18, 2015 and here is the Mexico Ride Itinerary:

Day 1: McAllen, Texas
Day 2: Santiago
Day 3: Galeana
Day 4: Real de Catorce
Day 5: Real de Catorce
Day 6: Cielo Biosphere
Day 7: Huasteca
Day 8: Huasteca
Day 9: Hacienda Santa Engracia
Day 10: McAllen, TX

Deposit down.

Darrel, extremely glad that you can make this Mexico Expedition! FJR Forumites: Only six openings left for this Real de Catorce and Huasteca, Mexico trip!

1. canucklehead-biker
2. BeemerDonS
3. bbolesaz - BB
4. Back Road Bob
5. CHRIS_D
6. D Wells