Motorcycle Consumer News is going to poll FJR owners next month

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy shit! If you squint at that survey, it reads just like this forum! Hey, MCN? Can I come work for you test riding bikes and reporting on how much new plastics cost? Pretty please?

My survey is in the outbox right now. Fairly comprehensive and it will be good to see the results. PS Love that inane babble, it's all good clean fun!!

I just received my MCN yesterday - and I'd be happy to scan the poll pages into a .pdf format - the problem is, I don't have a on-line service that will let me upload for distribution.

If someone out there has a service with that capability, PM me, and I'll get the poll scanned and back to you, assuming that you'll post a link for downloading.

I don't get MCN but would like to
Could someone help me out with an address for a subscription?

Thanks

:blink: NO NO NO I don't smoke it no more I'm tired of waking up on the floor :rolleyes:

"You can call (888)333-0354 to order or you may visit MCN at www.mcnews.com"

Off the bottom of the cover!

Just got my MCN also - has the survey - plan on filling it out this weekend.

Diane

2006 FJR 1300

I think they allow polls from non-suscribers... is someone going to put the form here?
Well? Whatcha gonna say?
I just filled mine out. All positive with the caveat that they could stand to smooth out the snatchy throttle.

Have had my 07 19 days, 520 miles.
Missing on at least on cylinder, probably two.

Smoke coming out from under the engine.

Trailered bike to the dealers today.

Time will tell whether I have a warm fuzzy feeling for the bike or just a bad taste in my mouth.

Mac
I had a similar issue at about 500 miles and I found out that the dealship did not prep the bike properly. I had to trailer the bike the first week until they did it right. I bet it is nothing major but let us know how it turns out either way.

Have had my 07 19 days, 520 miles.
Missing on at least on cylinder, probably two.

Smoke coming out from under the engine.

Trailered bike to the dealers today.

Time will tell whether I have a warm fuzzy feeling for the bike or just a bad taste in my mouth.

Mac
I had a similar issue at about 500 miles and I found out that the dealship did not prep the bike properly. I had to trailer the bike the first week until they did it right. I bet it is nothing major but let us know how it turns out either way.
I don't want to hijack this thread but some apparently haven't read the thread I started to explain what my bikes problem was. The smoke was just the insulation foam contacting the exhaust pipe by the side stand and the missing was contaminated fuel.

Mac

I think they allow polls from non-suscribers... is someone going to put the form here?
Well? Whatcha gonna say?
I just filled mine out. All positive with the caveat that they could stand to smooth out the snatchy throttle.
Hmmm... I thougt you upgraded your seat? Must be you didn't like the seat too well.

Is the intent of this MCN survey:

a. To help Yamaha produce a better product?

b. To rate the FJR better than the owners of X fill in the blank X rated their bikes?

c. To help those in the market for a new bike with their decision?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't put form up as I already filled mine out. It is in the June issue pages 35 and 36. By the way, I tried to e-mail it in pdf form, but it was returned as too large for their mailbox.??????????

Just recived something in the mail with a dollar bill enclosed its a 3 1/2 hr question and answer with a 300 dollar kicker on the back end . its being held in n.j

For those who don't subscribe to MCN

Here is the two page survey. I have saved it as a jpg file - the instructions on page 2 say you can email the filled out jpg survey to them at editor<at>mcnews.com. You can also use snail mail or fax. The deadline is July 20, 2007

MCN FJR survey page 1

MCN FJR survey page 2

Sent mine in yesterday, added this comment this morning:

I would sure appreciate it if Yamaha would price their oil/oil filters within the realm of reason. I think that the vast majority of modern oils are good oils. BUT, I am equally sure that Yamilube regular (non-synthetic) oil is NOT worth $5 and up per quart depending on dealer. I'm also equally sure their oil filters aren't worth $15 either. And one more, the rear differential fluid at $25 and up!! This is a great bike but having dealers cheat, yes, cheat you on these three items sure kills the desire to use Yamaha lubricants. I do not use Yamilube, I do not use their differential fluid, and I do not use their oil filter. I think this is an ugly side of dealers actually cheating their customers.

Jim

Just recived something in the mail with a dollar bill enclosed its a 3 1/2 hr question and answer with a 300 dollar kicker on the back end . its being held in n.j
I got the same thing in the mail yesterday. If it works into my schedule I might do it. I subscribe to MCN (best MC magazine out there) and mailed my completed survey in this morning.