Motorcycle Consumer News is going to poll FJR owners next month

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mailed mine this morning.My comments in the space about what I'd say to Yamaha;

"Thank God for the internet!If it wasn't for the internet I would have been charged hundreds,if not thousands, to fix the ticking problem.Thanks Warchild."

Faxed mine this morning. Keep looking here for a downloadable version.

my "comment to yamaha" (at the end of the survey): even a great motorcycle can't be great without a manufacturer and dealer network standing behind it instead of fighting with users over issues like valve guide wear.

I knew I'd find it out there somewhere if I dug around long enough.

https://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/bbumfuzzle/FJR1300/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw ColoradoFJR's post. A little nicer copy but it's missing the after-scan edit to include the correct name for the non-ABS version (FJR1300). What they list in their survey is a cull from the current yamaha web site: FJR1300A (abs) and FJR1300AE (abs + electronic clutch). Yet, on the same page, they ask if you have ABS or not. If you don't, then you have neither an FJR1300A nor an AE. It's simply an FJR1300.

https://www.fjr-tips.org/misc/pics/MCN_survey.zip (with props to ColoradoFJR for his original)

The thing that struck me was how negative the entire survey was. It was as if they were asking:

We know you bought the best selling sport-tourer in the USA, so please confirm to us that it's a POS.

Last edited by a moderator:
that answer and questions group is only a group of 9 and i have no reason why they picked me . it being held in harrison ny. what the hell 300 bucks for 3 hrs nice cash and its only 100 miles round trip

The thing that struck me was how negative the entire survey was. It was as if they were asking:
We know you bought the best selling sport-tourer in the USA, so please confirm to us that it's a POS.

I think you're taking it much too personally. The internet is a valuable source of bullshit. As such it would appear that they're trying to either validate or discredit all the hubbub they read on boards just like this one. If you took a poll here now about heat issues on 1st gen FJRs, do you think you'd get a unanimous decision? Probably not. I think they've done an admirable job of listening to people just like us about our likes and dislikes of the bike, now they're just trying to sort out real issues from cases of whining. Sounds like a good way to give your subscribers reasonably good information. Not to mention it should perk up the corporate ears at Yamamama. I commend them for that, and I thank you for posting the nice clean scan of the survey.