Music for riding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vic?  Who's Vic?!?
Cool pic.

What surprises me is what a genuinely nice guy Vic is in person. He's completely unassuming on one hand, and the best daggum bass player alive on the other. The "Live at the Quick" DVD is worthwhile for a couple of excellent Wooten solos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theme from the Beverly Hillbillys then follow-up w/ something hardcore like The Archies :D

It's a small world (after all).

The wheels on the bus go 'round n 'round.

100 bottles of beer on the wall.

They're coming to take me away, ah ha.

On top of Old Smoky all covered with cheese.

Don't worry, be happy.

Grandma got ran over by a reindeer.

Let's get physical, physical.

Waltzing Matilda.

Currently loaded on the ipod

Aerosmith - Big Ones

The Badlees (somewhat local band) - Unfortunate Result of Spare Time

Barenaked Ladies - Gordon, Maybe You Should Drive

Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk

The Clash - London Calling

The Cure - Galore, Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me, Mixed Up, Paris, Show, Wild Mood Swings, Wish

Dave Matthews - Live at Luther College (with Tim Reynods), Crash, Under the Table and Dreaming

Depeche Mode - Violator

Elvis Costello - Best of

Greatful Dead - Fallout From The Phil Zone, Shakedown Street, Terrapin Station

Green Day - Insomniac

Jack Johnson - On and On

Jimmy Buffett - Fruitcakes

Mighty Mighty Boss Tones - Let's Face It

Rush - Retrospective II

Sister Hazel - Somewhere More Familiar

Stone Free: Tribute to Jimmy Hendrix

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense

Last edited by a moderator:
Foo Fighters (any album, any song)

Acoustic Alchemy (same thing)

Eagles (wash, rinse, repeat)

hmm...maybe we need to burn some CD's and have a iPod play list trade-a-thon. Oops, that would be illegal. Nevermind.

Beatles, Tennesee Ernie Ford, Nat King Cole, Mozart, Rossini (may be a bit too fast,) Chet Atkins, Leo Kottke, Hollies. Anything to make it slow down - I can't afford any more tickets.

Bruce

Molly Hatchet

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Dean Martin

Toby Keith

Waylon Jennings

Delbert McClinton

Randy Newman - weird dude

Warren Zevon - ditto

Meat (Mr. Loaf)

Diana Krall

Steven Tyrell

Willie (and Waylon and the Boys)

eclectic huh?

keep filling the mp3 player with  old and new punk ,  hardcore  ,  at the drive in , atreyu,  clutch ,  hatebreed , rancid,  ramones,  u.s. bombs , and of course black sabbath .  try it you just might like it boys .
Thank God (I thought I was the only one...) XM Channel 53 for me

Billy Idol - White Wedding

Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream

Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down

REO SpeedWagon - Keep Pushin'

REO SPeedWagon - Ridin' the Storm Out

:D

for this week:

Eagles!!!

Joe Walsh

Allmon Bros

Jack Johnson

Black Eye Peas - Pump It, They Don't Want Music (feat.James Brown)

Pat Green-Songs About Texas

Rachmaninoff-Piano Concerto #2 in C#minor

:headphones:

Pretty much anything you might hear in a strip joint but in general:

Hard rock

Blues Rock (Texas Style, think Stevie Ray/ZZ Top)

Lower volume favorites include Cracker, Sheryl Crow, Dandy Warhols, Lisa Loeb...

Only illegal if you get caught. I have near 1000 songs loaded from my CD collection on my Dell juke box. From Motown to hard rock to even my daughter's Now CD collection 1-20. The Boss, bob Seger, John Mellencamp, John Hyatt, Black Sabbath Lead Zeplin the list goes on.

twowheelnut..are you serious? Its 2006 man, there is lots of great music from this millenium, check it out! :fire:

Slapnpop\Gopher-as another bass player, I have to agree with you..Bela\Victor are a good choice. But so is

Marcus Miller Miles Davis Chris Issak Dave Mathews Govt Mule Kenny Wayne Sheppard Led Zeppelin Morphine Pearl Jam Ray Charles RHCP Smashing Pumpkins SRV and my curent favorite Evanescence.

I also have the iPod hookup and it is the best mobile music solution I have had to date. Especially with the helmet mounted speakers.

as another bass player, I have to agree with you..Bela\Victor are a good choice. But so is....Smashing Pumpkins.....
Uhm... I can't really think of any *good* smashing pumpkins basslines.

D'Arcy was never that good, IMHO. She could probably play circles around me though...

twowheelnut..are you serious? Its 2006 man, there is lots of great music from this millenium, check it out!
Each generation has it's 'best' music to appreciate. Mine? 50's, 60's, and 70's are the best. The 80's were sorta okay and the 90's slid us into today's crap. (Keeeyrhist! That's what my old man said 40 years ago!) Sorry, but I have no appreciation for the music of this millennium to date - just a bunch of copy cat, rehashed, abominations today... Even the Stones' stuff sucks these days.