"Muzzy...noot so bad after all" Revisited

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MSC,

They may be closed down for Bike Week. But they should still be able to return calls in a two day period.

Have I been hijacked? 7700 on the transponder!By the way; I haven't gotten a reply from Muzzy yet.
Actually it is 7500, and we don't do that anymore........
Sorry if I offended you :bye: I should have thought before posting in my own thread.

MUZZY UPDATE:

I spoke w/ Curt Dorn in Muzzy Tech and he told me that I was supplied w/ the new re-engineered system for the 06 FJR. He further stated that I am the first person to call them w/ clearance/contact issues. He confirmed that my install was correct (by pics). The Muzzy system uses 2" pipe instead of the stock's 1.5 inch pipes. He was decent in our conversation and Muzzy is giving me a refund and covering all shipping charges. I will be back to stock tomorrow.

Like I said, Muzzy did not give me any grief in handling this. If you are considering the Muzzy full system for your 06 FJR take this thread into account. If you ride aggressively in the twisties you might have some issues w/ right handers. I am a pretty good rider but by no means am I a Rossi or Hayden. I was not pushing the bike that hard when contact happened. Please watch yourself w/ this system and make sure it is for you. You will love the sound, looks, weight savings, and HP increase.

Have I been hijacked? 7700 on the transponder!By the way; I haven't gotten a reply from Muzzy yet.
Actually it is 7500, and we don't do that anymore........
Sorry if I offended you :bye: I should have thought before posting in my own thread.

MUZZY UPDATE:

I spoke w/ Curt Dorn in Muzzy Tech and he told me that I was supplied w/ the new re-engineered system for the 06 FJR. He further stated that I am the first person to call them w/ clearance/contact issues. He confirmed that my install was correct (by pics). The Muzzy system uses 2" pipe instead of the stock's 1.5 inch pipes. He was decent in our conversation and Muzzy is giving me a refund and covering all shipping charges. I will be back to stock tomorrow.

Like I said, Muzzy did not give me any grief in handling this. If you are considering the Muzzy full system for your 06 FJR take this thread into account. If you ride aggressively in the twisties you might have some issues w/ right handers. I am a pretty good rider but by no means am I a Rossi or Hayden. I was not pushing the bike that hard when contact happened. Please watch yourself w/ this system and make sure it is for you. You will love the sound, looks, weight savings, and HP increase.
Mike,

Aweful glad to hear that you got out of this relatively unscathed. Nice to know that Muzzy DOES care, even if they might be hard to get ahold of. I'm quite glad that I cancelled my GB postition (Sorry WC) for the 4/2/1 system (I was afraid it would be too loud) before any of this came to light.

But I certainly am VERY glad no one got hurt. Especially me. My AE is lowered and I keep the suspension relatively soft. Even though I am not a peg dragger (although I have touched a bit), given the situation, my ass would have surely been grass. Or granite. Not good any way you look at it.

So given what Grumpy Mike has told us, I think EVERYONE should stay away from this system. I still think it's a fabulous system and the price was really nice. But until they re-re-engineer it, I say "just say NO"!