Muzzys 4-2-1 New Revision

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satori88

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Muzzys. They said they corrected the problem with their exhaust system touching down before the foot peg. I then asked if they have any of the old style in stock...the answer is no. Any idea where I can purchase a Muzzys 4-2-1 other than from Muzzys?

Maybe parts monster?....Muzzy's should be called Ass@#les Inc.....my pipe (4-2-1) came without the mid-pipe spring.....when I called them, the wanted $6.50 for it....I said fine.....do you want my credit card no#....they said in yes but in order to take the order via card card they would have to have a photo copy of my drivers license (front & back) & of the credit card I as going to use..... (ya I don't think so) my answer to that was for $6.50 run the credit card wait til it clears then send the $6.50 spring....they said no....imagine that?....they wanted all this personal information for a spring worth what?....a buck.....they are seriously screwed up....I like my pipe but the hassles in dealing with them aren't worth it.....when I asked about repacking the standard muffler, (to make it quieter) they told me it couldn't be done (bullshit) I'd have to order the optional quiet muffler instead....I repacked it with Hindle's muffler repacking which was 10 times better then the stock crap they use....IMHO they are seriously F@#KED :fool: ....if you can find another pipe I would say do it instead of putting up with Muzzy's B.S.....but that's just my experience with them....your experience may differ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I believe in good customer service, one reason for going with Yamaha. I dont think anyone else makes a 4-2-1. Holeshot is 4-2-2. Based on what you've said, it is possible they didnt fix the touch down problem. Thoughts? I talked with Dave who started to upsale me right from the start. Who did you deal with?

Mike, They also offer a 6 blade aluminum fan replacement for $35.00. I can see how that could help with pushing more velocity through, but is it just a gimmick or a worth while purchase?

Hmmm, I believe in good customer service, one reason for going with Yamaha. I dont think anyone else makes a 4-2-1. Holeshot is 4-2-2. Based on what you've said, it is possible they didnt fix the touch down problem. Thoughts? I talked with Dave who started to upsale me right from the start. Who did you deal with?
Dave is also the one I spoke with and was adamant about their pipe being redesigned and it wouldn't touch ground, 'till I offered to send him pics of Moto's pipe touch down pic's, then he got defensive and hung the phone up on me. My system's still in the box.

So why take the risk? I know its weight saving, but our bike are already pretty darn heavy. I really don't think saving 10-20lbs is going to make that big of a difference. Why not just go with Holeshots if you want a full system?

Personally, I have a set of D&D slip ons and I'm quite happy with them. I don't feel the need for a full system, but if I did, I would go with Holeshot. I personally don't want to risk touching down hard parts, or dealing with piss poor customer service.

So why take the risk?
I don't feel the need for a full system, but if I did, I would go with Holeshot. I personally don't want to risk touching down hard parts, or dealing with piss poor customer service.
+1

The goober hit it dead-on this time around.

So why take the risk? I know its weight saving, but our bike are already pretty darn heavy. I really don't think saving 10-20lbs is going to make that big of a difference. Why not just go with Holeshots if you want a full system?
Personally, I have a set of D&D slip ons and I'm quite happy with them. I don't feel the need for a full system, but if I did, I would go with Holeshot. I personally don't want to risk touching down hard parts, or dealing with piss poor customer service.
Nice sumation of facts. The whole story is I had a ding in the header that blocked about 80% flow in front of the o2 sensor. I took it to the best welder in town who, after I warned him, FOBARD my pipe alignment. Anyone want a scrapped header, cheap cheap? So I need a new header. I guess I will order the hole shot replacment header and purchase the slip ons later. THANK YOU! I almost ordered from Muzzys.

Mike, They also offer a 6 blade aluminum fan replacement for $35.00. I can see how that could help with pushing more velocity through, but is it just a gimmick or a worth while purchase?
I dealt with Dave, same as Highlander....don't get me wrong....I like the pipe.....weather & roads haven't been good enough to see if the pipe will touch down yet....but I also have a GP Suspension massaged front end & a height adjustable Penske rear shock (set @ its lowest setting which is roughly stock height) from the group buy installed....so it may not anyway....but for the price of the complete system you couldn't beat it.....as I had said on another thread if the pipe does touch down I'll just have another mid-pipe made for it {& yes it will be stainless & mandrel bent to match the rest of the exhaust...(it was told to me that some else from the forum went to Yoshimrua & had one made)}....my original point being is for all the hassle & B.S. you get from the staff @ Muzzy your probably better off to go a different route.....as for the fan blade replacement....I"m sorry but I have no idea.....then again, I do live in the great white north :D ....if the fan blade is balanced properly I can't see it hurting anything though....cheers...Mike

My dealings with Mr Walker, when I discovered that not all muffs would fit the header, were nothing less than exemplary. I would not consider any other system personally. Nice piece of work too.

My dealings with Mr Walker, when I discovered that not all muffs would fit the header, were nothing less than exemplary. I would not consider any other system personally. Nice piece of work too.
+++, Dale is great-just a word of advice he gave me-if the headers won't fit some types of cans, take them to a muffler shop and they can bump the headers open enough to fit.

Maybe parts monster?....Muzzy's should be called Ass@#les Inc.....my pipe (4-2-1) came without the mid-pipe spring.....when I called them, the wanted $6.50 for it....I said fine.....do you want my credit card no#....they said in yes but in order to take the order via card card they would have to have a photo copy of my drivers license (front & back) & of the credit card I as going to use..... (ya I don't think so) my answer to that was for $6.50 run the credit card wait til it clears then send the $6.50 spring....they said no....imagine that?....they wanted all this personal information for a spring worth what?....a buck.....they are seriously screwed up....I like my pipe but the hassles in dealing with them aren't worth it.....when I asked about repacking the standard muffler, (to make it quieter) they told me it couldn't be done (bullshit) I'd have to order the optional quiet muffler instead....I repacked it with Hindle's muffler repacking which was 10 times better then the stock crap they use....IMHO they are seriously F@#KED :fool: ....if you can find another pipe I would say do it instead of putting up with Muzzy's B.S.....but that's just my experience with them....your experience may differ....
My Muzzy system came sans the spring. I sent a quick email to Muzzy because the box was factory packed by Muzzy and never opened before I got it. They sent me a spring, no charge and no questions about it. I wish I could remember who I communicated with at Muzzy, but he gave me the good service I expected. I even told them that I bought the system from another vendor. Sorry to hear that they gave you a hard time Mike.

I can't remember who the vendor was that I bought from, but I found several suppliers via Google and picked one that had a good price. I got the full Muzzy system with round aluminum muffler for about $500.

My Muzzy system came sans the spring. I sent a quick email to Muzzy because the box was factory packed by Muzzy and never opened before I got it. They sent me a spring, no charge and no questions about it. I wish I could remember who I communicated with at Muzzy, but he gave me the good service I expected. I even told them that I bought the system from another vendor. Sorry to hear that they gave you a hard time Mike.

I can't remember who the vendor was that I bought from, but I found several suppliers via Google and picked one that had a good price. I got the full Muzzy system with round aluminum muffler for about $500.
Not a big deal Geezer....but others have had problems with the sales staff @ Muzzy's....not just myself....& I think our forum brethren should know what they could potentially be up against if they were to get into a bind with Muzzy's product.....it's Muzzy's loss for their poor attitude towards customer service & satisfaction....& IMHO it looks good on them because of it....

Not a big deal Geezer....but others have had problems with the sales staff @ Muzzy's....not just myself....& I think our forum brethren should know what they could potentially be up against if they were to get into a bind with Muzzy's product.....it's Muzzy's loss for their poor attitude towards customer service & satisfaction....& IMHO it looks good on them because of it....
+1

I certainly had problems with Muzzy with my Muzzy/Yoshimura modified exhaust and will not consider doing business with them again.

It's to bad because the system combined with a PC produces an extra 10HP and smooths it out.

It's to bad no one else makes a 4 into 1 exhaust system.

If you are going to deal with Muzzy, ask for Curt Dorn. He was accomodating when i had my problem. Dave is a dick. It took 1 month for Muzzy to refund my purchase. They told me that the full system was fixed. Yeah...right. It's a great looker and performance increase. Just be prepared to make left turns! The rights will kill you if you ride like I do. :blink:

Just so you see the results with the "updated" full system.

100_0391.jpg

You're absolutely right. The forum needs to understand the problems people have had with Muzzy. I felt obliged to post my experience to be fair to them since they did treat me right. Overall, there seems to be a lot more people complaining about poor customer service than those who have had a good experience. I chose the Muzzy system because it was within my budget. Overall I'd say the quality of the system and the service I received was about what I expected for a low priced system.

I do have a couple of complaints with the system.

1. It is loud. Much louder than I expected.
  2. The flimsy bracket that is supposed to stop the center stand from hitting the swingarm is far too wimpy. I'm going to have to fabricate something stronger before the paint wears off the bottom of the swingarm where the stand is rubbing. Every time I adjust the bracket it just bends up and allows the stand to rub again.

If you know of a metal shop near you, stop in & ask for a piece of scrap stainless steel to use.....that way you won't have to paint it & you'll mezmerize those around you with how shiny it is.....& we all know how much we all love things that are shiny ;) ....

Just e-mail Muzzy about the pipe hitting down to see what they will do if any thing for me. They did send me a map for my PC III that works very good. So far the service that I have gotten from them has been very good.

If you are going to deal with Muzzy, ask for Curt Dorn. He was accomodating when i had my problem. Dave is a dick. It took 1 month for Muzzy to refund my purchase. They told me that the full system was fixed. Yeah...right. It's a great looker and performance increase. Just be prepared to make left turns! The rights will kill you if you ride like I do. :blink:
Just so you see the results with the "updated" full system.

100_0391.jpg

Good input. I am ready to purchase the full system from Mr.Walker. Damn, it is expensive! Is the freakin forty dollar fender extender worth it? Dale is saying no fender externder, no warrenty on the ceramic coating. Need some final help here. I will also purchase a foam air filter somewhere. The PCIII will have to wait a few months. One more question, I did not see any ports for the O2 sensor in the holeshot exhaust, is there one? If not, is it OK to disconnect with out the PCIII?

Good input. I am ready to purchase the full system from Mr.Walker. Damn, it is expensive! Is the freakin forty dollar fender extender worth it? Dale is saying no fender externder, no warrenty on the ceramic coating. Need some final help here. I will also purchase a foam air filter somewhere. The PCIII will have to wait a few months. One more question, I did not see any ports for the O2 sensor in the holeshot exhaust, is there one? If not, is it OK to disconnect with out the PCIII?
hell, i have a fenda extenda and don't even have a holeshot product installed!

mine's not fastener free on the install ( https://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=35 ) but it's working fine!