My FJR killed a Harley today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harleys get the 'biker chicks" which im not to sure Id be interested in. B) i have noticed many more (hot) chicks dig the fjr than the cruiser.

Drew....biker chicks are funner...I'll tell ya that right now. Talk about freedom in a bod.....oh, christ.

Just have to toss my two cents in here about no chicks asking for rides on the FJR.

About 6 months ago I was attending a party given by a coworker and in walks this gorgeous redhead. 5ft 8, 140lbs-ish, looks like Grace from the show Will & Grace. First words out of her mouth when she walked in the door.....

"Who rides the FJR out front?"

We've been dating ever since. She has her m/c license and had all her own gear....she just needs a bike. She's looking at a BMW F650CS for commuting around Phoenix and swiping my FJR when she feels the need. :)

Hey, how's the weather up there, gunslinger? That valley has got to warm up in the summer time.

I own a Harley and an '05 FJR. Love them both, and I don't give a damn whether the get noticed or not.

I just swapped bikes for the ride home with a Harley riding co-worker.....

I may have made a convert!! He was talking about hitting the local bike auction when I left his house after reclaiming my FJR.

:yahoo:

....and when are you getting your harley, ray?

...I was going to say when hell freezes over and pigs fly..but since Vanderbilt beat UT in Knoxville those are much more distinct possibilities.

Actually, like I always told my Harley mechanic cousin...I'm not dedicated enough to ride a Harley.

Of course I could show you my collection of late 70's vintage Easyrider magazines I still have in a box in the basement. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it was an...ummm...interesting...ride....couldn't keep my feet planted in one place on the footboards because of the vibrations.....it took a while to get used to the riding position...felt much more unstable.....and then there was getting my feet up on the floorboards from a stop....with the FJR it is just lift the foot up and put it on the peg....with the Harley it was lift up, swing it out to clear the floorboards, then stretch it out to put it down. The brakes felt like I was driving my dads old 68 Chrysler....no...on second thought the power brakes on the Chrysler were better.

About the only good thing I can say about it is that I think my wife would be more comfortable on the back of one since it is lower to the ground. (at 5' even she's pretty low to the ground too :D )

nope...not getting a Harley any time soon....

Oh...almost forgot...the Harley did seem cooler (temperature wise) than the FJR...except when the inside of my leg found the oil tank at a stop light....almost got a good burn off that one!

About 6 months ago I was attending a party given by a coworker and in walks this gorgeous redhead. 5ft 8, 140lbs-ish, looks like Grace from the show Will & Grace. First words out of her mouth when she walked in the door.....
"Who rides the FJR out front?"

We've been dating ever since. She has her m/c license and had all her own gear....she just needs a bike. She's looking at a BMW F650CS for commuting around Phoenix and swiping my FJR when she feels the need. :)
She got a sister?

Check out Rachel at www.twistedthrottle.com below:
https://www.twistedthrottle.com/article/static/150/1/5/
Rachel. Yummy, yummy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tooling up rt60 into Millersburg last sat w/harley friend. A kid pulls out of a side road on a 250 ninja and proceeds to pass us. Harley bud cranks it up a does not have enough lean angle to keep up. We get into town and it turns out to be a girl...could not be more than 100 pounds w/all her gear on. He may never live it down.