My Impressions of the MV Motorrad Bar Riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to install these right now and I don't seem to have long enough m8 screws for the plate to fit to the original Triple clamp

The new and old are the same length but I am unable to get any significant thread on the originals - there is no way I can torque them up to17 ft lb I will end up stripping the thread on the nut ?

Am I doing something wrong ? Any help would be appreciated

Jeff

sorry cant edit my previous post - but the first picture in post 38 - shows two longer (40 mm i assume) m8 bolts in the bag - i didn't receive those i think they are m8-1.0x40 - lowes has 1.25 (courser thread) - so i have emailed Motorrad to see if i can get some sent to me - I really dont want to have to take it all off again - this is maddening

Also couple of other install notes for those doing this -

1. make sure you put something across the gap between the tank and the frame - so you dont lose the nut under the Tank as i did - i eventually added a piece of rah to make sure that gap was plugged

2. Also fit the nut under the adapter - this can be fiddly and is best done without the handlebar in the way (i,.e dont fit the big but first) , then add the handlebar and bolt the handle bar to the nut - that way you can get the bolt aligned correctly

Probably they forgot to send these bolts to you..I believe after your email to them they will do that!

But,you can buy and from your local shop the bolts you need..
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed these on Sunday and after sitting on the bike with the new setup, I think I'm really gonna like them. Much more comfortable than before and I'm hoping this will alleviate the wrist pain as well.

Probably they forgot to send these bolts to you..I believe after your email to them they will do that!But,you can buy and from your local shop the bolts you need.. :)
So far I have been unable to find them, yes they may have forgotten, but I was trying to let people know they need to replace these bolts as the instructions don't mention it, and they shokd check they are there before starting.

Probably they forgot to send these bolts to you..I believe after your email to them they will do that!

But,you can buy and from your local shop the bolts you need..
smile.png
So far I have been unable to find them, yes they may have forgotten, but I was trying to let people know they need to replace these bolts as the instructions don't mention it, and they shokd check they are there before starting.
They are a very trusted company!I believe when they will receive your e-mail they will send you the bolts as soon!

e-mail them again and let them know that you are a member from the fjr forum USA and you have see their product here..Please do it..and let them know again which are the bolts you need..!

Do you have pictures of the bolts they sent? they have forgotten to send the black caps for other's
there are 4 sets needed

These 3 they provided

a m8 30 set to atach the bars to the riser (excatly the same as the ones on origina bike)

a M12 ( i think) set that also attache the handlebars - these have 2 little screws/bolts that connect the handlebar covers

AND

the ones im missing m8- 40 mm (1.0 thread so harder to find) they look like the ones in the bag on post #38

I got all the caps, didnt get any ties - but no biggie

Also there are 2 brackets for the hoses (pictures are in the instructions) - one for the left (has a bolt in it)

One for teh rigt has two bolts - again pictires in instructions

Understandable 100%!

Did you e-mail to them?Perhaps they are closed now and they don't receive your mail yet..

I believe they will answer and send you the bolts tomorrow when they will receive your e-mails..!

Do you have pictures of the bolts they sent? they have forgotten to send the black caps for other's
there are 4 sets needed

These 3 they provided

a m8 30 set to atach the bars to the riser (excatly the same as the ones on origina bike)

a M12 ( i think) set that also attache the handlebars - these have 2 little screws/bolts that connect the handlebar covers

AND

the ones im missing m8- 40 mm (1.0 thread so harder to find) they look like the ones in the bag on post #38

I got all the caps, didnt get any ties - but no biggie

Also there are 2 brackets for the hoses (pictures are in the instructions) - one for the left (has a bolt in it)

One for teh rigt has two bolts - again pictires in instructions
I can get those pretty easy, we have a shop called Tacoma Screw and they have them, if you want I can get a couple for you and send them.

Thanks for your help, I hope the vendor s sending too, after my 2 emails, for now I took it all off, I noticed I ave damaged the nut threads on the original bars, was tough getting the original bolts back in, I think I need to take a rest and regroup.

Thanks for your help, I hope the vendor s sending too, after my 2 emails, for now I took it all off, I noticed I ave damaged the nut threads on the original bars, was tough getting the original bolts back in, I think I need to take a rest and regroup.
Can you get a new nut? I used tape on the bottom of the risers to hold the nut in place so I can thread the bolt on.

I noticed I ave damaged the nut threads on the original bars, was tough getting the original bolts back in,
Which nut threads you have damaged?There is a plate under the oem triple clamp that the nuts are glued in i think?!.If the damage of the threads is not too bad you can rethreaded it by a special tool and then you can install the bolts that ahchiu has sent you or the bolts that MV has sent you i believe..If the damage in the threads is very bad you can install new nuts under the oem damaged nuts with larger M8 Χ 50 or M8 X 60..new bolts.Or finally in the worst scenario a new plate the number 12 in microfiche for 42$.

https://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2010/FJR1300A+-+FJR13AZCS/STEERING+HANDLE+%26+CABLE/parts.html

STEERING_HANDLE_CABLE_zps0a353c3b.png

Thanks yes those nuts, all of the solutions are a lot of work because I didn't get all the parts , very annoying, mv said it will be a very long time for me to get the bolts, now I need new nuts perhaps uuggghh! Another solution is get my money back and go with the heli bars as it replaces the whole triple tree and those nuts ! :) as I said I'm going to regroup and think about next steps whn I get the bolts from mv

Thanks yes those nuts, all of the solutions are a lot of work because I didn't get all the parts , very annoying, mv said it will be a very long time for me to get the bolts, now I need new nuts perhaps uuggghh! Another solution is get my money back and go with the heli bars as it replaces the whole triple tree and those nuts ! :) as I said I'm going to regroup and think about next steps whn I get the bolts from mv
Jeff,

I read the ahchiu has sent you these two bolts..?Correct?!You can use these bolts until you will receive the correct bolts from MV..

ps.

From Europe to Usa the delivery time by standard mail is about 8 days...

Jeff,

I read the ahchiu has sent you these two bolts..?Correct?!You can use these bolts until you will receive the correct bolts from MV..

ps.

From Europe to Usa the delivery time by standard mail is about 8 days...
Jeff,

I may have another bracket and nuts for you, few of the PNW crew has Heli risers and have the stock upper triple, I will know later today, BTW the bolts I sent you are better than the ones from MV, I sent SS and MV are plated bolts. It's very easty to crossthread bolts on the bike make sure you can start with fingers pressure first.