My Impressions of the MV Motorrad Bar Riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered one tonight direct from MV. $242. How long does it usually take for them to arrive from Europe?

The MV plate arrived today. I am looking for some better instructions than what was included. Any links would be much appreciated.

Look here, meaning on this site, and even on this thread: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146408-my-impressions-of-the-mv-motorrad-bar-riser/?p=976896 I used earthrooster's post as a guide when installing the riser plate on my own 2015.

The instructions I got two or three years ago were a little cryptic. It helps to read through them slowly, while looking at the specific things called out in the instructions. I did the install by myself; it's not hard. I offer this tip, also found in this very thread: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146408-my-impressions-of-the-mv-motorrad-bar-riser/?p=1316613

Last edited by a moderator:
blchandl2 posted: Hud, Thanks for the links. I wish the images were still visible in earthrooster's post.
I could see them yesterday, and I saw them again two minutes before I posted this.

Details: Google Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (32-bit) running on an old Dell Optiplex using Windows 7 Professional service pack 1.

blchandl2 posted: Hud, Thanks for the links. I wish the images were still visible in earthrooster's post.
I could see them yesterday, and I saw them again two minutes before I posted this.

Details: Google Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (32-bit) running on an old Dell Optiplex using Windows 7 Professional service pack 1.
I tried 2 different computers, 4 different browsers........no luck.

I got it installed today. Worst part was finding a way to locate the throttle cables such that they were not under too much tension at full left lock and did not rub on any sharp edges. I wish I would have tried things without the relocating bracket for the brake lines first. Anyway, it is installed but I have not had a chance to really test it yet. A quick ride around the block was all I got in. Not sure both bars are "even". I will have to ride some more to decide.

Make sure to torque the living shit out of the little bolts -- the ones that control the handlebar angle.

Had a near-drop incident in downtown Denver that broke loose the left handlebar, forcing me to ride for a half-mile steering only by the right. Not recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure to torque the living shit out of the little bolts -- the ones that control the handlebar angle.
Had a near-drop incident in downtown Denver that broke loose the left handlebar, forcing me to ride for a half-mile steering only by the right. Not recommended.
I torqued everything and used blue loctite on everything. I will check them after a few rides just to be sure.

I got it installed today. Worst part was finding a way to locate the throttle cables such that they were not under too much tension at full left lock and did not rub on any sharp edges...
I just received and installed mine. I'm having some issues with the throttle cables as well. I've tried adjusting the plate all the way back but at full left lock the throttle binds. I've tried different cable routing positions without success. It seems that the throttle return cable is a little too short. Has anyone been able to route these cables and still maintain smooth throttle action with the riser plate at the rear most position? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I got it installed today. Worst part was finding a way to locate the throttle cables such that they were not under too much tension at full left lock and did not rub on any sharp edges...
I just received and installed mine. I'm having some issues with the throttle cables as well. I've tried adjusting the plate all the way back but at full left lock the throttle binds. I've tried different cable routing positions without success. It seems that the throttle return cable is a little too short. Has anyone been able to route these cables and still maintain smooth throttle action with the riser plate at the rear most position? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I was able to resolve that with the help of a forum member. The throttle cables must be routed along the side of the brake line manifold, not under it. I removed the bolt holding the brake lines to the frame so they could be moved enough to get the throttle cables routed along the side of the manifold. I used a zip tie to hold the throttle cables in the middle (vertically) of the brake line manifold. I can now move the bars lock-to-lock and the throttle will return on it own.