My new 2009 FJR1300AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makuna

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Late meetings at work keep from picking up the bike until after dark. Although I got a dry ride home (often rare here in the PNW) it was very cold (37) and traffic was extra slow.

Finally a full member of the forum after all this time.

(Updated Sunday, Jan 18th 2009)

Sun came out and the temps were rather moderate at 54F. Found a spot to take a few photos with not much traffic.

Windingroad.jpg

Proof the PNW does get blue skies (reflection on the wind shield)

FullFrontal.jpg

Proof its an AE.

SideShotNoClutch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome as official FJR Forum rider. The week is supposed to be pretty good for jan and I have ridden the last 2 days. Still a lot of road debris but good enough if you are careful.

Welcome.

You now own the very best color of all the years. I like my blue but that grey or what ever Yama Mama calls it, is awesome.

Again welcome. Watch the PNW section for rides & tech meets.

And yes we need pictures.

Late meetings at work keep from picking up the bike until after dark. Although I got a dry ride home (often rare here in the PNW) it was very cold (37) and traffic was extra slow.

Congradulations!

Oh, 37F is 'very cold'? :rolleyes:

First order of business then...warmer gear.

Welcome aboard Makuna.

I hate late meetings, but at least you got a ride in!

Congrats!

Oh - and it's 13 below here right now. No riding for me for a little while.

Congratulations! I've had my AE since October and love it....GREAT machine. And 37's not THAT cold (3 here right now). I took a 450 mile trip in December leaving in the early am when it was 17. Thermals, jeans, heavy shirt and riding gear (boots, gloves, balaclava, AST jacket and riding pants with liners and I was fine (except for my feet, which FROZE :rolleyes: )

You will like the AE. I shift strictly with the index finger (push "down" and pull "up") when on the feejer just to keep it distint from my old Duc. Enjoy your bike!

Great, congratulations. I got out for a ride yesterday also, 37 degrees and foggy, but it was dry. Felt good after probably two months.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Kong-A-Rats on the new ride. I have an 07 AE and know you will have a BLAST!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

====

Welcome to the zoo........

NO PICS........ it didn't happen...... :rolleyes: :unsure:

B.

Great news; big congrats on your new Black Beauty

Want a nice little ride ;-) ??? Consider joining us at my New Orleans Ride to Eat Gathering Mar 20-23 - see the clicky in my sig

let's ride safe, keep warm, and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Officially now...welcome to da hood. Lots of good folks and information here.

--G

Welcome and congrats on an excellent choice of motorcycle. I picked up a "08AE last summer and I love it!

I used to reside in Sammamish but moved to Suprise AZ a few years ago. Thought I might miss the rain and cold but, No. As I am writing this it is mid 60's

and supposed to be near 75 today. The sun is making it hard to see the screen. Probably will take her out for a ride this afternoon and then change the oil.

Get yourself a heated vest and warm gear and enjoy the beautiful roads around you. Take a cruise up to windy ridge when the snow melts. Again welcome.

Welcome to the fray - :yahoo:

Lately been seeing (-24) degrees - ALMOST too cold to snowboard!