My new black and orange V twin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
I traded in Frank my very fast FZ1 for Karl a new 2010 KTM Supermoto T. Been wanting a V twin after I rode a friends Tuono but also wanted a better suspension for the back mountain roads in these parts.

Today was my first real ride up to Quincy, Ca for lunch at the courthouse cafe and back home via Hwy 49. Can't run past 6,5K on the tach or wfo until after the 600 mile break in. So far so good, handles great, awesome brakes and really sucks up the bumps.

Here he was waiting at the dealer.

IMG_2586.jpg

In front of the Quincy courthouse.

IMG_2608.jpg

At the Sierra Valley overlook.

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

Yawn.... that looks like a boring bike.

NOT!

Bastard.
Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Very nice Doug, congratulations on your neue Motorrad! You do know the definition of a Perfect German don't you? That would be an Austrian! Jawohl, es geht mir gut!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, KTM's are some fun bikes for sure. You'll have a blast on that thing in your area. Plus, big twins make for excellent street motors. Congrats, I'm orange with envy.

www.ktmtalk.com <- add it to your list.

Woot! :clapping:

Way ta go Doug.

While I love the how smooth and powerful the FJR's inline 4 is, ain't nothing like getting kicked in the butt by a twin.

In 2009 I hooked up with Greb and his dad in Southern UT and he brought his 990 Super Duke. Same motor as yours, I believe. We traded bikes and I put about 50 miles on it over a twisty pass. Wow--what a blast! That twin is addictive...

DSCF0644.jpg

Dogless,

Congrats on the new bike. We were about 4 hrs. ahead of you after spending the night in Quincy and taking the same route on 49 home. Not too much sand on Yuba Pass to deal with, but I'll bet you had your foot down more than a few times sliding that "toy" around!

Hey, I've been there!

IMG_2611.jpg

Congrats Doug! :clapping:
Mark, I think of you and Karl every time we stop there.

Dogless,

Congrats on the new bike. We were about 4 hrs. ahead of you after spending the night in Quincy and taking the same route on 49 home. Not too much sand on Yuba Pass to deal with, but I'll bet you had your foot down more than a few times sliding that "toy" around!
Yep, we backed it down a bit in the sandy stuff. Then there was a Harley over the line into a guy on a Yamaha that killed them both below Downieville, that was a bummer to ride through while they were pulling out the bodies :(

On a more positive note I have to say this bike is just what I wanted. The v twin is fun but the suspension is awesome!! Just sucks up the bumps and the bigger the better. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator: