NAFO, Dates & City Secured!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooms were $100/night at Marriott which was a generous discount off the regular price and one heckuva nice room.
Yes they were nice but from looking at all the WFO photos it seems like you had to share your room with 6 or 8 people. There was only my wife and I in my room...I think you got hosed!! :)

gypsy
Was that the "infamous" Rm 1...0... ??? What happened in Park City, stays in Park City. One would assume that the Golden Event will abide by the same Golden Rule!?!?!?
hehe :evilgrin: that wasn't my room! that was Club 105 baby!! :drinks:

I know TWN would not want the speculation to run rampant here guys. Please don't assume anything until Warchild posts the NAFO website.
But you can look at last year's fees and costs as kinda a go-by perhaps. Registration was $140 but that got you ALOT more than just the banquets. Rooms were $100/night at Marriott which was a generous discount off the regular price and one heckuva nice room. One could maybe venture a guess that this would a ballpark to estimate to but no promises here.
The man asked a question and I attempted to give him a ballpark answer. I thought it was in the park. Maybe more, maybe less. As far as speculation, what's wrong with that? It will be what it is.

The man asked a question and I attempted to give him a ballpark answer. I thought it was in the park. Maybe more, maybe less. As far as speculation, what's wrong with that? It will be what it is.

Speculation is best left to Chicago pig belly brokers. After all, it is their business, right Mortimer? ;)

Folks, let me just say that setting up one of these meets is no small task, especially when you want to do things right. This is our first North American gathering and it absolutely must set the stage for all future events. No small task, I'm sure you'll agree.

I gotta tell you that Iggy, WC and myself have spent tons of time trying to get the best possible venue and rally package, while keeping in mind that the cost to you, the most important part of the equation, be kept as reasonable as possible. To that end, I would ask that you all hang tight and know that today, Iggy and I (well, mostly Iggy) have just nailed down the final bits and will be forwarding the results to WC for inclusion to the official NAFO website.

Brush the post-Holiday dust off your credit cards and get ready to reserve your place in FJR history!

- TWN

Last edited by a moderator:
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: [SIZE=12pt]C'mon, July!!![/SIZE] :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:clapping: [SIZE=8pt]I've already applied for the vacation time....and I'll not return to work until Jan. 21![/SIZE] :clapping:

Just one more "me too." Spent a few months in Denver when I worked for Uncle Sam in the '60's. My roomie had a 450 Honda that we rode all over. I think this will be better. Can't WAIT to see all those FJRs together--this'll be my first big shindig. And I'm not going broke fast enough as it is buying all the goodies to hang on the bike, so I want to go see them all at once in the same place :rolleyes: I just have to figure out if I do my Glacier N.P. trip before, or head out from Golden after the party. I just hope I can get the time off from work for all that. Oh, yeah, never mind. I'm retired.

Just one more "me too." Spent a few months in Denver when I worked for Uncle Sam in the '60's. My roomie had a 450 Honda that we rode all over. I think this will be better. Can't WAIT to see all those FJRs together--this'll be my first big shindig. And I'm not going broke fast enough as it is buying all the goodies to hang on the bike, so I want to go see them all at once in the same place :rolleyes: I just have to figure out if I do my Glacier N.P. trip before, or head out from Golden after the party. I just hope I can get the time off from work for all that. Oh, yeah, never mind. I'm retired.
I'm kinda in the same quandry...GNP before or after? Haven't figured that out yet... :yahoo:

I must have missed it, what is the phone number and the name of the hotel?
As the title of this thread says...only dates and city secured. Kindly read first post, they will announce the registration info in another thread when it is ready (is it ready yet? are we there yet?)

This threads purpose was to allow people to plan vacation time and plan travel.

As the title of this thread says...only dates and city secured. Kindly read first post, they will announce the registration info in another thread when it is ready (is it ready yet? are we there yet?)

And when it is officially announced, there will be a website set up for registration and through that you will receive your "discount code".

Patience, Grasshopper! It is closer than its ever been..... :yahoo:

And when it is officially announced, there will be a website set up for registration and through that you will receive your "discount code".

Patience, Grasshopper! It is closer than its ever been..... :yahoo:
I know, guess kidding. Are we there, how much longer, I have to go to bathroom.

I know, guess kidding. Are we there, how much longer, I have to go to bathroom.
Iffin Eye toll you wunce, Eye musta toll you a hunnert tymes, "Go to thuh baffrume afore wee leeve! Naw...intertayne yerseff 'til we gits thar. Doan mek me be kummin' bak thar!"

Is it time yet to call the WAMBULANCE? PM. <>< :lol:

[SIZE=12pt]Are you ready?????[/SIZE]

It's vewy vewy cwose to being reweased!

heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!

"Get your motor runnin'.....Head out on the highway.....

Lookin' for adventure......And whatever comes our way......" :yahoo:

:yahoo: :yahoo: SWEETNESS :yahoo: :yahoo:

First I will be joining TREX and some of his other cronies on a ride of the Spanish Pyrenees at the end of May, and then I'll be back in the states to ride from Moscow Idaho to Golden!!

GAWD I love having an FJR on each side of the pond!! :dance:

See Ya there!

First I will be joining TREX and some of his other cronies on a ride of the Spanish Pyrenees at the end of May, and then I'll be back in the states to ride from Moscow Idaho to Golden!!

See Ya there!
Saludos Caba,

When will you be arriving in Barcelona, Espana? Dr. Bob Flanders and I of Arizona touch down at 1000 hours on Sunday, May 25th. We are staying at the Hotel Barcelo Sants downtown. Dave - Orestes from Chatham, England will also be meeting up there. Bob and I have our BMW RT/GS's secured with the AdMo Agency and we pick them up at 0800 on Tuesday, May 27th.

We plan to ride Southwest for a seafood lunch the 1st day and then be at the Barcelona docks to greet Stef and the Italian FJR crew as they get off of the ferry. If you wanted to contact us ahead of time: [email protected] & [email protected]

We're both looking forward to this so much! It has been 38 years since I have been in Barcelona. In Summer of 1970 I rode my 1966 BMW R60/2 from my US Army base in Augsburg, Bavaria, Germany to Lisbon, Portugal by way of Bordeaux and Bilbao. I returned by way of Granada, Murcia, Barcelona and Marseilles. I could see the Northern and Southern Pyrenees as I headed both directions, but with only a 2-week leave from the 5/32nd Artillery I didn't have enough time to explore them!

Recuerdos, Chuy

[SIZE=12pt]Are you ready?????[/SIZE]It's vewy vewy cwose to being reweased!

heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!

"Get your motor runnin'.....Head out on the highway.....

Lookin' for adventure......And whatever comes our way......" :yahoo:
[SIZE=14pt]Are you ready for this???[/SIZE]

Eye'm jist sayin', this dang ol' bird's jist 'bout reddy tuh fly. Yew bedder gitcher credit cords reddy tew goe en yer fangers reddy tew be tippy-typin' soes yew kin be registreed en reezerve yer'alls rumes en stuff. Yesirree, Bob! :yahoo:

See Ya there!
Caba,

I am riding from Glacier NP and zig-zagging down through ID & MT on my way down to Golden, so I might just see you there. :clapping: :yahoo:

(say Hi to T-Rex for us - 'kay?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts