NAFO, Dates & City Secured!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if golden or (colorado in general ) is cracking down on aftermarket mufflers?

If so I'll throw on the factory cans for the trip.

Anyone know if golden or (colorado in general ) is cracking down on aftermarket mufflers? If so I'll throw on the factory cans for the trip.

Denver is, can't say the same about Golden. I'll see if I can find out.
I've been told by a good friend that lives in the Denver metro area that this law only applies to locally owned/registered bikes. I'd bet that to be a true statement as how could any state or municipality enforce a ban on out-of-area registered vehicles. They could harrass you, sure. but beyond that, there's little they could do...

Still, it's best to do some digging. Last thing I need is to have to bail a bunch of you yahoos outta the slammer. :lol:

Still, it's best to do some digging. Last thing I need is to have to bail a bunch of you yahoos outta the slammer. :lol:
More like....call them a cab because their bikes have been impounded. :eek:

"Hello, Fairlaner......you're a cab!", probably wouldn't be particularly funny at that very moment. :lol:

Perhaps one of the (10 or more) police officers on the forum could make a courtesy call to the Denver Police and politely ask?!?!?!

"Hellooooo Denver PD and CO Highway Patrol, 300-400+ hooligan FJR riders are going to invade Golden in July to ride and enjoy the beautiful State of Colorado. Exactly what is your policy regarding those who have modified their exhaust, hmmmmm?" :huh:

I suspect riding "THROUGH" Denver on the interstate as opposed to riding "IN" Denver on city streets might make a difference.. A clarification would be a lovely thing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, we haven't had a good dogpile for a while.... :dribble:

So, does anybody really know what hotel we're going to be in? Is the website up?

I know, I know.... patience, little grasshopper.... :blink:

I've come to the sad realization that my good friend is an idiot. :glare:

Indeed, more investigation was necessary. Here's a link to the Council Bill No. 242, amended 06/04/2007: Link I'm making an assumption that this applies to all of Denver county (which is in effect the City of Denver). Without an exclusionary statement, my interpretation is that this would indeed apply to non-local bikes as well (what a croc-o-shit!). The good news is that Jefferson county - wherein Golden is located, does not appear to have such an ordinance as far as I can tell.

So, I guess the moral of this story is avoid Denver at all costs if you have an after-market exhaust system.

So, does anybody really know what hotel we're going to be in? Is the website up?
Yes, I do and no, it's not up yet. Holidays slowed us down a bit. Iggy is out trying to rustle us up some grub, but the Brokeback Mountain boys keep distracting him...

I've come to the sad realization that my good friend is an idiot. :glare:
We'll take your word for it! :lol:

.........Without an exclusionary statement, my interpretation is that this would indeed apply to non-local bikes as well.
Yes, that IS the law. However, what is the enforcement policy? It may well be that this law is written so that the police have another tool for controlling groups of bikes that prowl the City of Denver and disturb the citizens. IOW, another violation to add to a list when pulling over an errant motorcyclist.

It's possible that they are not "searching" for loud pipes as a singular violation to increase their "ticket quota", unless there happened to be a "maximum enforcement" ordered during our visit dates.

So, I guess the moral of this story is avoid Denver at all costs if you have an after-market exhaust system.
Yes, that may be the prudent option.

Of course, those with OEM pipes have nothing to fear but fear itself. ;)

I've been to Denver and Boulder with aftermarket pipes and never had a problem. My Dad lives in Longmont (near Boulder) and tells me you only get police attention if your pipes are loud.

On another note, my Dad and I are heading to Sturgis from Longmont (4-9 Aug in Sturgis) after NAFO. If anybody want to go PM me.

More like....call them a cab because their bikes have been impounded. :eek:

"Hello, Fairlaner......you're a cab!", probably wouldn't be particularly funny at that very moment. :lol:

Perhaps one of the (10 or more) police officers on the forum could make a courtesy call to the Denver Police and politely ask?!?!?!

"Hellooooo Denver PD and CO Highway Patrol, 300-400+ hooligan FJR riders are going to invade Golden in July to ride and enjoy the beautiful State of Colorado. Exactly what is your policy regarding those who have modified their exhaust, hmmmmm?" :huh:

I suspect riding "THROUGH" Denver on the interstate as opposed to riding "IN" Denver on city streets might make a difference.. A clarification would be a lovely thing. :)
SURE, tell them we're comming. :eek: Why don't you tell them the date and time...maybe they'll welcome us with Laser, Radar and maybe throw in a bear in the air. :clapping: :angry2:

SURE, tell them we're comming. :eek: Why don't you tell them the date and time...maybe they'll welcome us with Laser, Radar and maybe throw in a bear in the air. :clapping: :angry2:
Will, Eye thunked et most alla yewen's kudda reel-eyesed et Eye wuz tokkin tung-en-cheak. :huh: Mebbe knot! :blink: Eye figgered mosta them Poe-leece we gots hear wood noe howta be askin' the them uther fellers en knot be uh'-rowsin' noe suspishen. :dribble: Asides, et hain't gunna take noe brain sturgeon tuh figger et out win alla we'ens cumma ridin entew Coloraido. Prolly gunna be un O-my-Gawd moment fer the state po-leece en thay er prolly gunna yoose them radidios tuh uhlert there stupervisorial cops. <_<

Thuh weigh I figger, iffen eye ride purdy close-tuh them posted-up speed limmits wuth mye reely reely kwy-ette ex-haust en be poe'lite tuh wimmins en childerns, they's gunna be alookin' fer summa yew hooliganistic pilates anyhoo! :rolleyes: End Eye thenk yew fer yer suh-port. :D

News Flash!!!!

This just in!!!!

Dateline, FJRForum.com

Due to unprecedented use, unexpectedly high demand for the winter months and continuing instability in the PNW, smiley prices have just jumped the $100/barrel mark for the first time in history.

Film at eleven.

Let's just give them all of the routes that are being planned for each day too.

News Flash!!!!

This just in!!!!

Dateline, FJRForum.com

Due to unprecedented use, unexpectedly high demand for the winter months and continuing instability in the PNW, smiley prices have just jumped the $100/barrel mark for the first time in history.

Film at eleven.
Oh, Timmy....you're such a kidder! :acute: :nea:

It's a good thing I bought mine in bulk. :bleh: I just opened the storeroom door to check :search: ...yup, I've got a 2-year supply! :eek:k:

Just for you....for the very first time ever... :****:

Okie Dokie! Summa them fellers er gunna be ridin on Highway 40, en summer gunna be aridin' on Highway 6 ...

Waida minnit, wuz yew kiddin' me?

Okie Dokie! Summa them fellers er gunna be ridin on Highway 40, en summer gunna be aridin' on Highway 6 ...

Shhhhhhh...[SIZE=8pt]talk quetly when ya start postin' top secret info like dat.[/SIZE]

Okie Dokie! Summa them fellers er gunna be ridin on Highway 40, en summer gunna be aridin' on Highway 6 ..

Shhhhhhh...[SIZE=8pt]talk quietly when ya start postin' top secret info like dat.[/SIZE]
Hokay!

Summa them fellers er gunna be ridin' on Highway 40, en summer gunna be aridin' on Highway 6 ...

Izzat bedder? [SIZE=8pt](No smilies were used, wasted, harmed or injured in this post!)[/SIZE]

News Flash!!!!

This just in!!!!

Dateline, FJRForum.com

Film at eleven.
Oh, Timmy....you're such a kidder! :acute: :nea:

It's a good thing I bought mine in bulk. :bleh: I just opened the storeroom door to check :search: ...yup, I've got a 2-year supply! :eek:k:

Just for you....for the very first time ever... :****:
Here's the keys to my personal (free) smiley stash: Lots-o-Smileys

And a personal favorite: The "Dutch Oven" Smiley
fart-in-bed.gif

More like....call them a cab because their bikes have been impounded. :eek: "Hello, Fairlaner......you're a cab!", probably wouldn't be particularly funny at that very moment. :lol:

Hey Mikey my bike will be so quiet by then they won't even hear me coming until it's too late, way too late. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

R

Status
Not open for further replies.