NAFO, Dates & City Secured!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if golden or (colorado in general ) is cracking down on aftermarket mufflers? If so I'll throw on the factory cans for the trip.
No problem, unless you leave the FJR home and bring a H-D with straight pipes and sit outside a bar in LoDo (lower downtown) rapping the pipes. Seems the downtown folk got weary of the noise and slipped a city ordinance through in Denver. No reason to go into Denver anyhoo that I can see. Been living here since '82, but avoid downtown unless I got business there. Besides, the FJR with aftermarkets just ain't that loud and the 'burbs aren't giving any trouble unless one acts like an ass. Guess I avoided acting like an ass, since I never got a ticket while riding the bikes (yet)...

No problem, unless you leave the FJR home and bring a H-D with straight pipes and sit outside a bar in LoDo (lower downtown) rapping the pipes....<snippage>..... Besides, the FJR with aftermarkets just ain't that loud and the 'burbs aren't giving any trouble unless one acts like an ass.
Thanks, Bob. As I suspected, they're using it as nuisance regulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Bob. As I suspected, they're using it as nuisance regulation.
Wow, what a concept!

Problem is, around here, the cops ride those loud-piped nuisances, so nobody gets in trouble.

Tonight, Eve pointed out my noise-polluting neighbor while we were waiting to get into the local new restaurant for dinner. She knew him & his wife from a former life (long story). I didn't get sarcastic, partly because she didn't acknowledge them. The good part is, he doesn't ride to work (usually at 5:40am) if it's colder than about 60 degrees in the morning. He (and the other neighbors) don't know from a block away whether or not I ride the bike to work.

Did I mention I can't stand noise pollution?

Huck, I ride out there a lot and I haven't heard of any issues on pipes. Ther are a lot of Harley guys there and in Morrison hanging out at the Buffalo Rose,and Morrison Inn. They spent a lot of money in town. If I hear of any problems I will let everyone know.

Ken.

Someone posted that you don't have a problem unless you start acting like an ass.

That's good 'cuz I doubt we will have any asses coming out to NAFO. ;)

So we're good... :clapping: :)

Hopefully I'm not asking a question that's already been covered. I have been through a few pages on this post, but not all 9 of them. Anyhow, can someone help with costs for this event? What will the rally fee be? Lodging costs? Anything else?

I'm trying to plan my trips this year and how I'm going to fund them all. I would really like to make it out for NAFO.

Thanks,

Smoke

Hopefully I'm not asking a question that's already been covered. I have been through a few pages on this post, but not all 9 of them. Anyhow, can someone help with costs for this event? What will the rally fee be? Lodging costs? Anything else?
I'm trying to plan my trips this year and how I'm going to fund them all. I would really like to make it out for NAFO.

Thanks,

Smoke
The banquet(s), usually a couple of dinners, will run around 150 bucks and you get to be an official participant, not just one of those groupies that hang in the parking lot or the bar, but eat at MickyD's and stay at the local motel 6. Hey, no big deal! I did that in Moscow :)

I'll let you sleep in my back yard - heck, I'll even turn off the sprinklers...

The hotel will probably run you around seventy bucks a night, if you have a bunkin' buddy. My experience is that the hotels are usually real nice.

The banquet(s), usually a couple of dinners, will run around 150 bucks and you get to be an official participant, not just one of those groupies that hang in the parking lot or the bar, but eat at MickyD's and stay at the local motel 6. Hey, no big deal! I did that in Moscow :)
Did I read that right? $150 for a couple of dinners? Hope the Golden Arches aren't too far away! That's a lot of gas money to spend on a meal.

Jill

I know TWN would not want the speculation to run rampant here guys. Please don't assume anything until Warchild posts the NAFO website.

But you can look at last year's fees and costs as kinda a go-by perhaps. Registration was $140 but that got you ALOT more than just the banquets. Rooms were $100/night at Marriott which was a generous discount off the regular price and one heckuva nice room. One could maybe venture a guess that this would a ballpark to estimate to but no promises here.

I know TWN would not want the speculation to run rampant here guys. Please don't assume anything until Warchild posts the NAFO website.
But you can look at last year's fees and costs as kinda a go-by perhaps. Registration was $140 but that got you ALOT more than just the banquets. Rooms were $100/night at Marriott which was a generous discount off the regular price and one heckuva nice room. One could maybe venture a guess that this would a ballpark to estimate to but no promises here.
I've not made it to one of these throw-downs before and had no clue as what to expect for costs. This will give me a good enough idea for planning.

Thanks!

A gallon of gas: $3.50

A McDonalds Happy Meal: $4.75

A couple of hours at Smokin' Joe's Lube Shop & Boob-O-Rama Strip Club: $150.00

A weekend with some of the best people on Earth: Priceless

Just sayin'... ;)

Rooms were $100/night at Marriott which was a generous discount off the regular price and one heckuva nice room.
Yes they were nice but from looking at all the WFO photos it seems like you had to share your room with 6 or 8 people. There was only my wife and I in my room...I think you got hosed!! :)

gypsy

Rooms were $100/night at Marriott which was a generous discount off the regular price and one heckuva nice room.
Yes they were nice but from looking at all the WFO photos it seems like you had to share your room with 6 or 8 people. There was only my wife and I in my room...I think you got hosed!! :)

gypsy
Was that the "infamous" Rm 1...0... ??? What happened in Park City, stays in Park City. One would assume that the Golden Event will abide by the same Golden Rule!?!?!?

I stand corrected, thanks to a timely PM. Now I know that the fee includes a whole lot more than a meal. Looking forward to hearing more details, as they become available.

Jill

Vacation approved, I'm in. Thinking about flying the wife out for some two-up. Any two-up group rides being planned???

Vacation approved, I'm in. Thinking about flying the wife out for some two-up. Any two-up group rides being planned???
There will be plenty of rides. You are, of course, welcome to start a new thread under the NAFO header and be the first to plan a ride!

Any two-up group rides being planned???
There are no "official" group rides. For the past few years, folks just discuss, meet and ride together. There will be plenty of 2-up FJRs for you to ride with.

Beware: If "Mr. Smooth" is 2-up, and many people know his real handle and the truth I'm about to relate, DO NOT think it is going to be a sedate ride. Don't worry, we'll warn you! Uhm...I've heard the same stories about another feller named Jeff...er....

[SIZE=8pt]My first experience with them was in Sept '03. They passed me, 2-up, on the outside of a 70 mph sweeper in the CA Coastal Mountains. He was waving...she was taking my picture![/SIZE] :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts