Name That Part! , please?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edited for negative content. I think the episode Joe is talking about was a misunderstanding. Didn't really think anyone was trying to be an ass to anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.
Also, it just might be that text does not convey tone, inflexion, humor, etc. unless someone is extremely skilled.
Clearly, I am no writer.
I've been told by people that they didn't understand me until they met me. Then, after spending time with me they read the same words as you do, but they "can hear [me] saying it" and it's totally different.

Edit: Deleted content more suited for a PM or conversation over beers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.Also, it just might be that text does not convey tone, inflexion, humor, etc. unless someone is extremely skilled.Clearly, I am no writer.I've been told by people that they didn't understand me until they met me. Then, after spending time with me they read the same words as you do, but they "can hear [me] saying it" and it's totally different.I've accepted that you don't get it. You really don't. You've already made your comment about my thin skin in another thread, this is getting redundant.I got it the first time, and you were much more subtle there. So, you see? You write better than I do.
Dude...I'll send you a PM, and I won't vote down your posts. Haha...I'm also editing my previous post so as not to be as big of a dick.

I read your other response, and I'm still kinda confused, but it's been a long day, and maybe I'm just slow. Eithe way, I DO understand why you make stiff available, and I think it's badass. You have serious talent. I honestly think the whole no-emotion-text thing caused both you and him to go the wrong way. Just my opinion.

That's exactly what happened. I know because the guys in that thread who have ridden with me were laughing their asses off.
It's a problem. I assume that people get it. They don't. I forget that. I've even had coworkers give me advice. "When you go to that interview, don't be subtle, and do not make any jokes. They won't get it and they will either think you are nuts or a total dick."

I have to grow on you. Until you notice I'm there and seek medical attention.